82-father!mycroft holmes x daughter!reader

*in which you and your father lead two, very different life styles, and when he asks you to join him on a fancy dinner party he senses something is wrong with you*

(empath vibes)

you are like 18 ok

TW-neglect, use of drugs, vomiting, sepsis

**

its not exactly that he didnt like you or something like that, not at all. it was just that while hes busy, you were too. hes busy with his work, being the british government, and you busy with... school... and friends... and cases with your uncle and whatever seasonal obsession you get, covering your walls in it.

even though you werent hanging out much, you would have dinner together sometimes, or see each other in the house from time to time.

you wish you could have more of his attention. yes, you know hes busy, know hes not got time to hear how your day was, so you dont really talk like that.

you were close with sherlock, your uncle, who would invite you to solve cases with him sometimes, when he was bored and john was busy or something.

but even if you and sherlock spent time together, it seems that he too couldnt pick up on your drug use.

it starts like they all start, you get to school, someones smoking and offers you, yada yada yada, you are at a party and after 12 when half the people already fell asleep, you see on the balconey two guys smoking. you join and they tell you its weed, you smoke it, you get high.

from there, you started doing it more often, the drinking in parties and smoking weed, not only in parties but with friends or things like that. next time, your dealer offers you to try LSD and you take some, try it with your friends, and while they all hated it, you loved the experience, so you take some more.

yada yada yada, you continue to magic mushrooms and MDMA.

till now, your father or your uncle havent noticed anything. its kind of usual for teenagers to go out with friends and close themselves in their rooms, so mycroft doesnt see much of a reason to worry. in anyway, hes not very good on picking up signs from people he doesnt see much.

like his daughter.

his same daughter that sits under the bridge with some other junkies and for the first time shoots heroin, all the while crying and mummbling about how you "miss dad" and "dont feel real"

but theres not much to do, because quickly enough, the heroin you pumped into yourself starts working, and you dont remember anything when you wake up under that same bridge.

you pick yourself up and walk back to town, walk into a starbucks and straight into the bathroom, wash your face and push finger down your throat to puke anything you had inside of you, and after washing out your mouth, you go out of the bathroom and to the cashier, asking for a coin to use the payphone.

you dial a particular number given to you a long time ago, and anthea answers the phone.

"yes" she says on the other side, "hey anthea" you murmur, leaning on the wall, "i need a drive home"

"where are you?" she asks, "starbucks on new oxford" you say.

"where were you?" she asks, "i was at rileys" you quickly muster up a lie and say "and last i checked i dont report back to you"

anthea chuckles on the other side and says, "be there in a few. i paid you for a coffee, go grab it inside"

the phone call ends and you go inside the starbucks, waiting for your name to be called and take your coffee. you walk outside and see the black car, no number, and as the door is opened for you, you crash inside it and the door closed behind you.