17-george weasley x insecure!depressed!reader

*depressive thoughts, trauma... a little sad...*

**

george was a good guy. he truly was. he would do anything for you, and he loved you so much. he always wanted to help and make you feel better, or smile.

when you and him first met, you were the girl that didnt smile. it hurt him. you had a beautiful face, but you covered it up with your {H/C} hair, or just never letting anyone see any emotion on it, unless its plain.

when you first started off as friends, you, fred and him, it seemed as if they were your friends, and you were confused and annoyed by their company, which wasnt true. you just werent used to so much happiness and laughter and just the feeling of being so free, that you tried being careful.

george remembers the night you told them what happened, the reason your face was always blank, and the skeleton key to your heart was buried at the bottom of the ocean. how hurt you looked, hands fiddling with each other, voice low and shaky, and how your cheeks stained with trails of tears.

he wanted to wipe them away and kiss you all better, but while listening to your voice, he couldnt. his body wouldnt move, and it seemed like if he'll touch you, youll shatter.

"i dont know how to be happy all the time" he remembers you saying it, and how his heart flutterd with those words, "and id rather not feel happiness, if it means i dont need to feel sadness and pain again" with those words, you stood up and left.

happiness doesnt stay for long.

but with them, it was different. george remembers the first time they made you smile with their jokes. he remembers as you burst out laughing, a full hearty laugh bubbled out of you and revealed your teeth, your body shaking with your giggles.

it was beautiful, he loved seeing you so happy and carefree.

with them-him-happiness stuck.

when you two started dating, he felt like the luckiest guy ever. he promised he'll do everything he can to make you happy and smile, and he kept up to his promise. he was always there for you, and he loved being there for you.

today was your 6 months anniversary. you woke up in the morning with your face nuzzled in georges neck, his face still in your hair. you smiled and leaned in closer to kiss him on the chest, gently, and closing your eyes again, just basking in this morning glow.

a few minutes later, you feel as georges yawns, and kisses the top of your head gently. you pull away and look at his face, eyes still closed as he smiles. "good morning love" his voice was deeper in the morning. giggling, you greeted him back with a gentle "good morning" before leaning up to kiss the edge of his lips.

"im sorry, but i cant stay in bed for long today, i have potions first class" he smiles, kissing you again, and getting up. you forrowed your brows as you watched him strech his hands above his head, flexing his back muscles.

did he forget? why didnt he say anything? hes not the one to forget... right? he loves me...

but without a doubt, he went to the washroom. you stood up and tiptoed to the washroom with him, standing beside him as you both brushed your teeth side by side. you loved doing it, you loved doing everything with george.

and so, you both got ready, not a word about today. feeling insecure and a little too much, you decided not to bring it up.

the day passed. you went through breakfast, smiling, looking around. he didnt say anything throughout the whole time. he didne even seem like he was covering up something, but you could never tell with him.