76-christoph waltz x reader [drabble]

*in which christoph is about to get his oscar, and his wife, a surgen, is supposedly, not there*

**

he tries concealing his smile when his name is announced by Penelope Cruz for best supporting actor in the oscars, but the second he hears the applause from the people around him makes him crack a smile and look around quickly, a small smile on his lips.

his manager pats his arm and congradulates him with a smile through the applause.

"hello darling" christoph says into the phone, still in his limozine before exiting to the red carpet. "hey christoph" your gentle voice comes through, he can hear you russtling on the other side.

"are you alright?" she immediatly asks her husband, "im sure you will be great and will win every single award" she says to him, and he chuckles.

"well, you already know id be much calmer if you were with me, mein herz" he tells her, smiling gently with soft eyes.

"i know darling, i know, but im still in surgery... believe me if i could id be hanging on your arm right now, but i truly cant... i believe i could finish soon and-and ill try to be there as soon as i can" she says.

"dont shirk your duty, do your job, if you do finish in time, then yes, please run as fast as you can to calm me down" he says quickly, earning a laugh from her.

"ill do my best" she says, he can hear her smile, "now you go ahead and in, no need to start a fuss" she adds.

"alright shnucki, ill see you later" he says, sighing,

shnucki is such an intimate and secret nickname, even you were surprised when he first called you that.

"love you christoph" "love you too", and the phone call ends.

and now, he finds himself looking up at the stage very carefully, his heart beating so fast, his whole body feels like its pulsating.

meanwhile, the door of the big hall is being opened by a bouncer, and inside comes a woman, {H/C} hair and green scrubs, shrugging her shoulder and has a small awkward smile on her face as she thanks the bouncer and continues to the seats, finding an empty one and sitting there, looking forward at the screen where she sees her husband among four other very capabale actors, all looking very excitedly at Penelope Cruz, opening the envelope.

"and the winner is-" tension and excitment, "christoph waltz in inglorious bastards!" even before she finishs the announcement people start applauding and whisteling for the man.

you, were jumping up from your seat and screaming, waiving your fists in the air as you saw him gasp and a smile grow on his face as he looks around, almost shocked, getting up and nodding, shaking peoples hands and almost bowing to people, even though hes the one who won.

"this is the first academy award and nomination for christoph waltz" he looks so excited and nervous as he walks up on the stage, half smiling and half still trying to remember how to breath.

he takes the award from Penelopes hands and kisses her cheek, before he goes ahead and to the podium.

you are still jumping and clapping in the back of the hall, where you are most probably arent even known to be there.

"oscar and Penelope cruz, thats and uber bingo" he says, his voice sounds almost shakey as he speaks.

"i always... i always wanted to discover something new and i-i thpught i had to go one direction, and then i was introduced-" he gulps deeply, his hands already fidgeting with his new award, "introduced to quentin tarantino, who was putting together-" he started to speak more and more, and you were more captivated by his body language and the smile he tried pushing down with every word, his nervous voice and his absolutly still charming demeaner.

"-and i want to thank quentin, with his-his unorthodox methods of navigation, fearless explorer who took this ship and brought it to this amazing place" the screen showed the director smiling and nodding gently,

"and i want to thank my wife, {Y/N} {L/N}, and-and i know it sounds cliche, but she really has been dealing with me and my role for a few months. she-she sadly couldnt be here tonight, as she has work to do, but-"

he looks down at quentin tarantino, and there he sees his wife, his little {Y/N}, still in her scrubs, shaking the hands of the famous tarantino.

"but as i say this-" he chuckles nervously, and rubs his forehead. now, her hands still in tarantinos, she looks up at the stage, and she has that big smile, shiny and loving, that immediatly reminds christoph how to breath,

"as i say this i see her standing right here, looking at me and hearing as i praise her. thank you shnucki. i love you" he bows one last time and smiles before leaving the stage to the sound of applause and whisteling again.

he walks down stairs and almost rubs towards his wife, immediatly wrapping his arms around her and hugging her tightly, sighing deeply as she wraps her hands back around his back, her face in his jacket.

"im so proud of you christoph" she murmurs, kissing the side of his neck, holding him..

"you smell like blood. and thank you so kuch shnucki" he adds, pulling away to look at your face and finally kiss your lips gently.

***

comment, vote and follow!!

yours, the red demon♧