25-sherlock x reader

as a close friend to mary, being by her side for years and years, you got the chance to see her happy moments. meeting john, dating him and how shed talk about him for days on end, and telling you about johns friend.

"sherlock is a chemist. kind of" she says while you made tea, she leaned on the counter while rammbling. "hes got a chemistry degree, but hes a consulting detective" she says. "not arrogant at all" you smirk.

"like you arent, little miss 'im perfect at everything but also very lazy'" she laughs, shoving your shoulder. "i didnt make a career of being great at everything" you laugh as you hand her her mug and lift yours to your lips, "just the local military sniper" mary completes, laughing. "thats me" you laugh.

you really werent that arrogant or stuck up, which is something mary found weird about you. sherlock would brag about his abilities and knowledge, and you could walk down the street without yelling that youre the best chess player in london. it wasnt exactly modesty, it was more like... laziness. if someone were to ask you, youd tell him, and youd always agree to anyone challenging you, no matter what. and after you won, you just left, keeping your victory to yourself.

maybe, all of your titles, rewards and abilities didnt interest you so much, they just never impressed you.

but quickly you gave away and mary won, and you went on a forced double date with the detective at a restaurant. john was very interested to see what would come up, sherlock being his arrogant self, and you being your humble self.

sherlock would tell you about his chemistry, and youd know exactly how to answer, revealing, "i took 2 years chemistry in uni, after my 2 years psychology" you smiled. sherlock was getting more and more interested in you, and the night ended with the two of you at a shooting rank, you proving to sherlock that you most definatly can shoot perfectly at a target without looking at it for more then a second.

quickly, you and sherlock started a realtionship. he loved that every single day hed find out a new hobby of yours, or maybe hed just wake up and see you doing something new saying that you 'just wanted to try and prove string theroy'

the thing you loved about sherlock is his impulsivness. hes interesting, hes quirky, hes smart. if he wants to tell you something, he will. if he thinks that you cant do something, thats a different thing. everytime hed doubt you, youd prove him wrong.

john and mary were scared they might have created the end of the world by pushing you two together.

**

when mary and john got engaged, you got to help a lot with the preperations for the wedding such as dresses, foods, chairs, and obviously, the venue.

you saw a few different venues, mensions, gardens, each of them having some kind of problem (that sherlock probably pointed out)

today, you looked at a different hotel with a venue attached to it, it was beautiful and clean and not too far and also on budget.

you walked around the hall, counting the tables and checking for cracks on the floor, sherlock by your side checking the angle the sunlight would hit at different times from the windows. john and mary were watching, confused.

"i like this one" mary smiles as john puts his hand around her. "i like it too" he agrees. "what do you think sherlock?" john asks, "i think that its acceptable" he says as he walks with your hand in his, you still staring at the floor and checking for cracks.

you went through the main hall to some side rooms, the kitchen and the getting ready rooms, most carpeted and nice looking, good smelling and a humidity level to your liking, so your hair wont die at the wedding night.