43-father!alastor moody x daughter!reader

*hands down the most underrated character*

**

rain is pouring down on london, and the tapping on the roof and glass windows is heared through all the house, 12 grimmualds place.

most of the order were there, sirius and remus, the weasleys and of course, auror moody. he was sitting beside sirius at the grand table, on the other end of it molly was cooking.

it was christmas soon, and harry, hermione, ron and of course, you, will come here to have your christmas dinner.

moody was quiet anxious. voldemort is fresh out, and you still had to go to school. both your parents were known death eaters, and at some point they both abandoned you, quite literally left you outside of the ministry. moody saw you sitting in the big hall, crying. it broke even the stonic man.

he adopted you quick after, when you were about 7 years old, and this was your first year at hogwarts. no matter how much he cared for you, he still had to send you to school, so he did so.

luckily, you had harry, hermione and ron around, who all promised to take care of you, which turned out to be needed. you were a smart girl, but being so much around moody, you turned a little crazy as well.

and now, as sirius was explaining something to him, he wasnt really listening. his glass eye was rolling around, and his fingers were tapping on the wooden table.

"are you listening alastor?" sirius asks, tapping the older mans shoulder. he gasps lightly and looks over to him. "what? yes" he says, leaning back in his chair and looking outside, "where are they? shouldnt they be here already? i shouldve gone and picked her up from hogwarts myself" he grumbles, looking at the door.

"calm down" sirius laughs, patting his back, "theyre on their way, im sure everything is ok" he comforts him. moody sighs and nods, getting up.

"molly, make me coffee please, i need to go do something" he says, and limps out of the dining room and to the sitting room, yawning as he goes. he hasnt slept for a while, and he really does feel the toll its taken on his body. he decides to calm down in the sitting room with a book until molly serves him his coffee. he cant focus on missions now.

"hes funny" sirius says as he leans on the counter, just beside molly. "whats funny?" she asks. "how scared he is for her" he whispers, scared moody will hear him. "im not scared!" he heard it anyways.

"you dont know whats it like to have kids sirius. of course he cares for her, and scared" molly defends moody. "im not scared!" he yells again, grumbles, and opens a book, reading it.

"well, yeah, but what can happen, right? they are on their way, and you sent fred and george to take them, right?" sirius asks.

"because she sent them hes so worried" remus laughs. "i sent bill with them" molly defends with a smirk.

"they are going to be here soon, im sure everything is ok" arthur who was sitting near by comments.

**

"well, since when is babysitting {Y/N} is my jo- oh my god thats exactly my job" harry sighs, shaking his head. the second they left the train, you ran off somewhere, and now the teens and the older weasley brothers were trying to find you.

"if we dont get there soon moody will have our heads rolling" bill says, rubbing his chin. "yeah, hes already on pins and needles" george adds. "well, we can call him here, he will find her for sure" fred suggests, earning a glare from everyonr around.

"spread out. find her. meet back here when we find her" bill says, taking the twins with him and sending the three younger teens to find you.

the six take their time looking for you, asking your friends if they saw you and checking the train again, thw toilets and just randomly shouting your name around the station.

"alright, im freaking out" ron says, taking his head in his hands, "thanks ron, thats helpful" hermiobe says, rubbing her chin as she looks at the ground, harry is exactly asking some woman if she saw a short girl with {H/C} hair running around.

"hey!" bill shouts, waiving his arm. they trio looks back and find you sitting on georges shoulders, giggling. they sigh deeply with relief.

"oh good heaveness. where were you {Y/N}?" harry asks, looking up at you. he notices her skirt and shirt are wet.

"i was in the fountain. roman told me that people throw coins in there!" you call with a smile, and point off somewhere in the station at your friend, roman, his clothes are wet as well as his parents scold him, but he looks back at you with one hand thumbs up, and the other in a fist full of coins.

"you took the coins out of the fountain?" hermione asks, a smirk growing on her face. in respond, you show her your side bag, pushing your hand in the bag to your elbow and pulling out a fist of wet coins. they all burst up in laughter.

"ok, lets go, i like my head on my shoulders" bill says, and the group quickly leaves, you on georges shoulders, held tightly so they wont lose you again.

**

even molly started worrying now, its been a while since she sent out bill to get you, and hes the responsible one she sent.

"if they wont be here soon, ill go and look for them, ok?" arthur asks, putting his hands on his wifes shoulders in hopes of calming her down.

and just as he says that, the door to the house opens up with a bunch of noise entering through the door. molly sighs. loud kids are healthy kids.

"mom!" ron calls, running ahead to hug his mother, sirius and remus greeting harry and hermione, arthur standing infront of his three older kids and you on georges shoulders.

"what took so long?" he asks. "tell him {Y/N}" fred smirks. "look uncle arthur" you smile as you show him your bag, dripping water, your clothes still wet.

"whats that?" he asks with a smirk, "muggles throw coins into fountains! so i took them." you smile widely with child wonder. he laughs and praises you.

"wheres my dad?" you finally ask, "hes in the sitting room love" he says as george puts you down.

quickly with your still wet clothes you run into the sitting room with a smile, mummbling and calling for your father, but as you enter the room you see him asleep on an armchair, a book down on his thigh.

"dad?" you whisper to make sure hes asleep. he is.

you put down your wet bag and finally climb up on the armchair and onto his lap, your head in his shoulder as you curl up to him and close your eyes.

***

comment, vote and follow!!

yours, the red demon♧