58-father!sherlock x daughter!reader

sometimes, if sherlock had a good day, or finished a case early, hed come and get you out of school. you were 18, in your senior year, and sherlock would still come and pull you out of class often.

he, and you, both thought that school was boring, so even at 18, you waited so excitedly for your dad to come get you out of school.

it didnt matter to neither of you how many times the princial had told you that you are missing too much, he would always shut up when he saw your marks.

this morning he was bored-very bored. and the wall in falt 221b suffered, so when he felt that its too much, he decided to come pick you up and go to do something fun with you.

you were such good comapny to him. you were smart and so easy to talk to, and always willing to do the risky things he was up to.

you even lied to uncle mycroft a couple times for your father, so well, that he still wasnt aware of it.

although, you promised youd tell if sherlock fell back into old habits. but he never did, he didnt need to, he had you.

his daughter.

his loving, his close and so importent to him daughter. hed do anything for you.

right now, he was standing outside the school, smoking a cigarette, waiting for you to come out after he texted you hes there to take you to a 'little case for scotland yard'

there was a flayer on the ground. 'senior prom!'

sherlock didnt go to his prom. he didnt care, and hes not regretting it. its just loud, drunk teenagers, expensive dresses and stupid accidental pregnancies. there were 2 in sherlocks year, when he was in school.

it took you a bit longer this day to come out, since youd usualy bolt right out the gates when he said be was there, throwing your bag at him and quickly getting in a cab to get to scotland yard.

it took about 7 minhtes for you to come out, and when you did, sherlock noticed a rose in your hands.

"hey dad!" you called, handing him your bag, smiling gingerly as you started closing the buttons on your coat.

"hey darling" he smiles, leaning down to press a soft kiss to your cheek, "had a good day?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

you knew he already picked up on the rose, and thats why he asked if you had a good day. hed usualy take your hand and drag you to the road to catch a cab, telling you about a case.

"yeah, its been pretty good" you smile up at him, beaming.

"did you get invited to prom?" you could see hes changed a little.

the thing is, with sherlock being your dad, you always had to prove yourself. he was so smart and succesful, you had to keep up the name 'holmes'.

you did everything you could to keep up the name, and also keep his expectations up for you, and of course, always deliver the right answers to his expectations.

to keep him happy, to make him proud of you.

"i did" your voice changed, he noticed.

he rolls his eyes. he thinks hes being subtle, but you can see it, and it makes your heart scrunch in your chest till its pulling on your shoulders and ruins your posture-from confident and happy to a sad little puppy in the rain.

"are you planning on going?" well not anymore...

"i-i told him that im not interested, but he still gave me the rose" you quickly said, faking a short smile as you both start walking to the road to catch a cab.