47-professor snape x student!reader [drabble]

*you are an animagus! a cute little orange fox. platonic.*

**

severus is so tired. hes tired of his work, hes tired of his students, hes tired of the other teachers, and hes tired of the dark lords meetings.

he cant stand the dark lord, flitwich, lucius malfoy, harry potter, and he cant stand the fact that he will have to be there for a while.

at least, he consoles himself with the thought that he has one student who he doesnt totally hate. shes nice, and she always makes sure to write everything carefully and make her potions carefully. its as if shes the only one that cares for him. shes the only one that doesnt drive him out of his mind.

shes never once been in detention, except for one time you got detention from mcgongall, who asked him to watch after you. the evening ended with you helping grade papers and having a polite conversation with snape.

since that day youd come to his office at least twice a week to help him clean and grade papers. you were good company, and when he saw you he had a bit of piece of calm.

this is your last year at hogwarts, and even though hes never been with a student like this, he did feel like hes going to miss you.

your hand writing and your jokes and your soft spoken voice, having your company in general.

he sits down on the ground at the shore of the dark lake. its dark but the skies are clear thanks to the full moon in the sky, its reflection glistening in the cold water. gentle breeze is making its way through the trees, the leaves rusttling with the wind.

he likes coming here for his peace. it was calm and silent and secluded, he didnt need to be anyone there, he could just sit and be nature, think, or just stare without a single thought.

the lake reminded him of old days, and your kindness reminded him of lily. your kindness, the glisten in your eyes and your gentleness was familiar.

you were his favourite student after all.

he sits there for about an hour by now, and still havent moved a muscle. until he heard rusttling behind him, gentle pattering on the stones.

he quickly whips his head back, his hand already on his wand as he tries to scan through the dark forest, where he can see at least. he doesnt see anything, but he keeps looking.

until he sees a little fox.

there are no foxes in this forest.

he watchs the fox silently, to see its next moves. the fox is just standing there, its front paw is up from the ground and its looking straight at him.

**

why is snape here? you ask yourself. you cant change back into human form, youll be naked!

you became an animagus not long ago and still couldnt transform with your clothes.

today, you said youd go and have fun in the forest in your fox form, run around and enjoy being a little orange fox.

but now you stummbled into your favourite teacher.

professor snape.

**

snape watchs silently, not moving a muscle. the fox is too, yet to move. they pair stares at each other for a long time with no motion, until the fox puts down it paw and moves the other closer to snape.

snape is yet to move, he watchs the furry little creature taking small steps towards snape.

it doesnt pose any danger, snape decides, so he loosens the hold on his wand.

as if the fox feels his movments, its stops walking again, now already closer to snape.

he pulls out his hand and places it on the ground, inviting the fox closer to him.

the fox keeps walking, getting closer and closer to snape with its small cute paws, the full orange tail swaying behind it.

finally, the fox leans down its head and sniffs at snapes hand. he can feel its nose, its small, and a little wet, and then, the foxes tounge on his palm, licking him.

snape lifts his hand and places it on the foxes head and brushs down its head and back, before leaving.

the fox moves around and stands infront of snape, and lifts its head up, looking up at snape.

snape looks back at you, the fox. he can regonsize your eyes. the gentelness, the softness, the kindness.

"i didnt know you were an animagus {Y/N}" snape comments, hoping hes not talking to just a random fox who somehow got there.

luckily, the fox purrs, as it steps even closer to snape, and places its front paws on his leg.

snape lifts his hand and starts patting your head and down your back gently, his fingers gliding on your soft orange fur, fluffy tail and long, standing ears.

he lets go of you and crosses his legs, and pats at his lap, and like this the little fox comes and stands in the middle of his crossed legs and walks around a little, the tail brushs up on snapes torso until you get comfortable and lay down, your head on his thigh and your small fox body strechs to his other leg.

he leans back, resting his head and back on a tree, and his hand pats your small head and rubs on your ears.

"i will miss you when the year ends, little fox" he says, and you purr in respond.

***

comment, vote and follow!!

yours, the red demon♧