5-14-15 The Curious Deer

I was driving through Lancaster County Park and saw the car in front of me slow down. "Oh they must've found deer," was my automatic thought. As I passed them slowly, I saw the single buck they spotted. As I kept driving, I saw another deer, but this one was definitely different. It seemed to be female, but had peculiar designs on it's light brown body. The best part was the deer skull face (though looked more like mask). Thinking now, I'm pretty sure this doe came straight out of The Endless Forest.
Obviously I slowed down and pulled to the side to get a better look (maybe even a picture). She seemed a little skittish and wasn't sure where to go. To my dismay, she ran straight to the road and stopped in the middle, noticing the cars. I quickly began to run after her, but I then witnessed a car barely hitting her side/back.  She fell over and I ran to her aid, waving my hands at the cars so they would go around. I think I was able to bring her over to the safe side of my parked car.
Next thing I know, there was a group of people curious about this deer. I thought she died, but this brawny guy began to carry her limp body over his shoulder and suddenly she woke up and bolted into the woods.
Next scene, our group was looking for her like a bunch of tourists on a nature walk. We kept spotting her, and she'd come take a look at us, then leave.
I don't remember much else, but her design was very unique: brown body, white legs, black patch under her tail, and tattoo-like swirls and design on her backside and neck. The skull-bone head mask thing was the most recognizable part, and though it was hard to see her face, it was clear she was scared.