3/22/19 Desert of Flowers

I was watching from an angled bird's eye view. There was a girl walking down a narrow road. She wore a generic, anime style, brown school uniform and flats. She had light brown hair pulled back into a ponytail tied with a white ribbon. The dirt path she was following was isolated, surrounded by what seemed to be a vast desert of pink wildflowers. It sort of felt like a video game with the avatar-like way that she walked. Everything was bright, soft, and beautiful. Only, it would've felt that way too if not for the creepy music.
A dark, heavy song was playing in my head. Particularly, a song from the Big Fish and Begonia soundtrack. I believe the actual scene for the music was after a character had drowned. The music was loud, ominous, half sad and half scary with a sorrowful voice and strong chords. Definitely not a fitting song for the pleasant imagery my dream was projecting.
Until it zoomed in on the girl's face.
It felt like an interaction with an NPC in a normal video game. You click on them, or get closer, or something to have their profile fill half the screen.
But when she turned to face me, she had no face. It was blackened as if her face had been scribbled out. Her head began to shake, quickly and gradually in violent twitching spasms. I heard hyperventilating; hers or mine, I couldn't tell. The breathing was just shallow and so fast. The music grew louder as her blacked-out face twitched faster and harder filling my vision.
I then woke up, everything fell silent, and I was still unsure if the fast breathing had been mine.

Concept artwork created by AI: