7/18/19 The Saltwater River

I had met up with a few people, one being Loray (a woman at the hospital I work for), and the others I'm guessing family/friends of hers. I met with them on a hill above a big white house, almost mansion-size but modern, that sat in the sun at the bottom of the hill in a grassy valley. I was new to the area, so they were to take me on a tour to the most popular place in the region: a national park with a waterfall that flowed into a huge river.
It was a short walk to where we met a low cliff above the river. There was a long metal foot bridge with a slight slope down to the other side that sat on the river bank. With the waterfall on the right, and the flowing river on the left, we crossed the bridge.
The water was as blue as the ocean and calm as a lake. I contentedly watched as the river from the higher ground spilled down the wide falls, splashing loudly into the deep waters below.
As we neared the ramp's end, I saw something amazing under the surface: giant moon jellies, some the size of tractor wheels, gently floating from the left side. I excitedly came closer to the bank to watch them and whipped out my iPod touch to record. Loray exclaimed for me to stay away from the edge to prevent me from falling, so I came as near as was safe. The glowing bluish-white jellyfish passed beneath the lowest part of the bridge, but before I followed them to the other side, I saw 2 giant isopods sitting on a rock beneath the surface.
"Isopods!" I exclaimed excitedly. "They're my favorite crustacean!"
After getting a good look at them, I then proceeded to crouch on the other side of the bridge to watch the jellies. Before they arrived at the falls, one of them crawled onto a flat rock just at the water's surface. I was barefoot, so I stepped off the bridge to wade in the shallow water and onto the rock. The jellyfish "crawled" across to the other end and plopped into the water.
I crouched down to see more marine life. In front of my feet were 2 small holes in the rock that garden eels peeked out of. They seemed to be alright with my presence as I recorded them. Fish of all sizes and colors swam about as I marveled at this apparently saltwater river.