3/1/19 Zenkaikon

It was time for Zenkaikon again, and Carmen (friend) and I were headed to the city to pick up our tags early, the night before the first day of the event (which we usually do to avoid the lines). In the registration room, I started panicking because I somehow left all my stuff at home, including my ID (of course I live 5 minutes away, but I guess I didn't have enough time or something?). The guy behind the desk, however, said he could just look me up with my address.
So I gave him the address which he typed in on a typewriter and I sat down for a picture as if it were a driver's license renewal. The picture came out incredibly creepy though, in which my face resembled a pale-skinned doll with dark detailed eyes and red lips. I presumed it was because my brain decided that I was wearing a large sun hat for my cosplay (which I wouldn't normally be wearing until the next day) and the flash lit up my face.
Upon hearing my disappointment, the man compromised by giving me a stock photo (why we didn't just retake the picture is beyond me). It sort of resembled me, but definitely wouldn't have passed for an actual ID picture.
After all of that was settled, I overheard another registration lady talking on the phone. She was trying to calmly explain why there were so many people in costumes walking about the streets and what the event was for. I remember her saying something like, "we have permission from the owner of the building to host this event, so anything done to protest us could get you in trouble and possibly detained."
Apparently an angry lady called to complain about the cosplayers, specifically the more revealing ones. After she was finished on the phone, I jokingly said how reserved and boring our county is; that if any slightest gesture is out of the "norm," people get judgmental.
I think I have some issues with my county...
Anyway, apparently that day blended with the first day of Zenkaikon because of all the cosplayers. I was wearing my blue cape I've been wanting to incorporate into my Fluttershy cosplay for Bronycon. I also wore a white flowing dress that resembled a nightgown (possibly inspired by Christine's nightgown in Phantom of the Opera). 
Because I still didn't have my things with me, I had forgotten the picnic basket I wanted to include in the cosplay. I was feeling pretty down, even though Carmen kept trying to lift the mood. Things begin to get fuzzy here, but at one moment I had my rabbit with me instead of the basket and I wanted to go home to trade him out so he wouldn't have to be carried around all day.