8/31/18 Tornado

I was in the city house we used to occupy years ago. It was just another late-for-work dream, as I was running around trying to get things together. After I stepped outside for some reason, a big spider crawled on me supposedly in a panic from the rain. One of my sisters (Rebekah, although it would've made more sense if it was Sarah) was trying to get it off my back as I laid on the ground. I was far too concerned about getting to work at this point.
After she got it and took it outside, I kept running up and down the stairs between my attic room and first floor trying to put on my work uniform as if I could only put on one article of clothing after each trip down the stairs. I kept searching for the nearest bathroom as well, which was apparently in Rebekah's room. I was jealous of how cool her room was, with lots of space, cheerful colors, and unique plush furniture. I noticed her laptop was open on the carpet floor with some virtual world game on. It looked like your avatar was a fawn and you could prance around the environment with other people's fawn characters. I wanted to play, but I just had to leave.
After my mom and my youngest sister Hannah left for school, they called my dad to tell him there was a tornado in the city. Before I could leave, my dad decided to drive the house like a car towards the tornado to reach the center, where it was calm. Apparently this was the safest place to be, in the eye of the tornado.
I just wanted to go to the basement, but he insisted I stay in the room as he drove straight towards the tornado. The house lifted as we made impact, and I was scared we'd be swept away. Most of the house was destroyed, but we were able to safely land inside. The center was spacious as the tornado slowly moved over a dirt path. The encircling wind looked more like a stylized gray wall that climbed towards the light at the top. There were pieces of houses, furniture, and many belongings inside. But the craziest thing inside was the handful of people who had the same idea.
It was a small group of us just hanging out inside a tornado that seemed more like an open-ceilinged cave. I think one of them was my church pastor. It was indeed very calm, with a cooling breeze and "walls" made of classic, cartoonish-looking gray wind. I was pretty sure at this point that I was excused for not showing up to work.
I began searching for our things, or whatever was left of them. The bigger debris, like cabinets and sides of houses, were just sort of "stuck" to the wall of wind. Then there were bags and piles of stuffed animals strewn about on the dirt floor. I found my socks and shoes in a cabinet after climbing some of the furniture on the wall. I also spotted a cool pumpkin-style tea set up there. I then rummaged through the piles of plushies, looking for the ones that belonged to me (and some that didn't but I thought were really cool (like a Noivern and Mantine plush)).
After I had stuffed what I could in a backpack I found, daddy decided it was time to go. We, along with most of the group, ran through the clearest path (which actually looked like an exit) and made our way from the city to the countryside. We could see the tornado in the distance as we walked across farmland and onto a grassy path. We passed a girl who was practicing some kind of show with her horses as music played loudly. Their house was right on the edge of the woods with a fence around their yard. We followed the trail into the woods where we saw lots of deer. We came upon a wide wooden bridge that a car had driven over after slowing down to see the deer. The spooked animals jumped into the stream, trying to jump up the rocks of the waterfall. We carried on to find a secluded area where the path ended and a marsh-like stream crossed over. There was a decrepit abandoned building on the other side of the water, and lots of low-hanging branches. The area was pretty thick, except for an opening where the water was flowing away.
I decided to climb the branches to reach the building's balcony. From there, the tornado was visible through an opening in the trees. Anyone who was with me had left, and I somehow became the subject of a search party. I was trying to stay low and hide from them, as if I would get in trouble if they found me. This short scene involved Disney princesses (specifically Ariel and Tianna) but I can't remember how.
Eventually I left the forest into a small empty town, supposedly evacuated from the tornado. I watched as the anomaly got smaller and then shot into the sky like a ball and exploded with lighting among the clouds. Then it reformed on earth, but contorted and bulged like there was nothing to support it, and exploded again with lightning and fireworks. People were with me now, who cheered for its demise. We were startled to see celebratory fireworks shooting up from behind a building, thinking it was the tornado again.
It was calm for a while until the tornado returned again. We ran into the nearest building that resembled an old house before modern times, probably a historical tourist location. The tornado surrounded the house, nearly lifting us. We all gripped the dirt ground with our hands, rotating around trying to stay inside the (much smaller) center. That is all I can remember before waking up.