Chapter 4 - The Stone

The next day was Christmas. Ron shouted from the common room. "Harry, Harry!" This was like a very loud wakeup call for Olivia. She quickly got up from the couch she was sleeping last night, rubbing her eyes and said, "Bloody hell, Ron! Can you not talk at a normal voice, I am seriously worried about your vocal cords!" said Liv. Ron jerked his off in the direction were Livia was sleeping and engulfed her into a nice, tight and warm hug. "Merry Christmas, Liv!" Olivia didn't realize it was Christmas already. She returned the hug and wished Ron and Harry the same.

"Look, we've got presents" exclaimed Ron. "All of us?" asked Harry confused. "Yes, here's yours and mine and Liv's" replied Ron. "Why, thank you, Ronald" said Olivia kindly before getting excited about the gift she had received.

It was a small box, with a letter. She tore the wrapping paper apart and saw the box. The box was simple and covered with emerald-colored velvet. She opened the box and saw a rose gold ring with a diamond shaped ruby in the center. It was simple but at the same time very elegant. She quickly opened the letter to see who sent it. 

Olivia,

Earlier, when I was in Hogsmeade, in a jewelry shop. I saw this. And as soon as I saw the ring, your face flashed in my mind. I couldn't have found a better place for this ring than on YOUR finger. I hope you like it. Merry Christmas!

~ Your secret admirer

Livia was in awe and speechless when she saw the ring

Livia was in awe and speechless when she saw the ring. She quickly took it out of the box and placed it on her fingers and it looked even more beautiful. She didn't quite place, who could've given her that gift. She was so mesmerized by the ring that she let it go and let the ring sit on her fingers.

The Christmas break was over and everyone was back from the holidays. Livia, Hermione, Ron and Harry were in the library when they found out about the Philosopher's stone and the truth behind it. They all decided that they would sneak out at night to see Hagrid and ask him about the stone.

It was after curfew. The four decided to meet up in the common room and leave together. They were all walking together, until Livia sensed that someone was following them, she turned around to check but couldn't see anyone, because they didn't want to get caught, they quickly hurried over to Hagrid's.

Harry knocked on Hagrid's door, he opened but as soon as he saw the four of them, he quickly tried to shut it but all the four of them said in unison but yet whispering, "We know about the Philosopher's Stone" Hagrid quickly hurried them into the hut and closed the door behind them. 

They all told how they thought that Snape was still trying to steal the stone, which Olivia still didn't think was true, nor did Hagrid. After a few more questions and revelations, Olivia spoke up, "The other day, when you mentioned Nicholas Flamel, why did you turn your eyes towards me and said and I quote "I shouldn't have said that", I know that you saw me Hagrid, please don't lie to me" Olivia pleaded and asked politely. Hagrid turned to her, put his hands on her shoulder and said, "You know that I love all the four of you, but some things are best left unsaid and even if this is important, it isn't my place to tell you that" Hagrid replied empathetically. Soon they were distracted by a sound that a bucket was making that was over the fireplace.

Hagrid took out an egg and Ron quickly guessed what type it was. He said that it was a dragon egg and that his brother Charlie is in Romania working with them. After a few seconds the egg cracked and came out a cute dragon and he soon turned to Hagrid and breathed fire into Hagrid's beard. The trio was scared to touch him, but Olivia tapped her index finger on top of the dragon's head. "Norbert, eh? Aren't you the cutest?" as soon as she said that the dragon climbed on Livia's arm and then onto her shoulder. Everyone was giggling until Hagrid saw Malfoy over Olivia's shoulder spying on them through the window.

The four of them hurried out of the hut to go to their dorms, but before they could, Malfoy had already snitched on them to Prof. McGonagall.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing, gives a student the right to walk about at night after curfew." She spoke. Olivia saw Malfoy laughing and smirking on the situation.

"50 points will be taken from your house!" she ordered. "50?" they said in unison. "each"

"Now, to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention!" she continued. Up until now, Malfoy was enjoying the conversation but then said, "Perhaps I heard you wrong, Professor, I thought you said all five of us?" She replied, "Yes I did Mr. Malfoy. As honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed" Harry looked at Livia and Ron looked at Mione, smirking.

Mr. Filch dropped them off at Hagrid's while blabbing on about how he missed the old techniques of detention. While they were walking to the hut, Livia nudged Malfoy and said, "If you hadn't snitched, we wouldn't have been here!" Malfoy just scoffed at her statement.

They arrived at the hut. Hagrid looked sad. "What happened, Hagrid?" asked Liv concerned. "Norbert's gone, they took them away, he was sent off to Romania" Liv quickly glared at Malfoy, who was now half smirking. Livia looked angry like she was about to punch Malfoy in the stomach, when she was interrupted by Hermione saying, "Isn't that nice? I mean he'll be with his own"

"But what if he don't like Romania" Hagrid replied worriedly. Livia went to his side and touched his forearm and said, "Don't worry, I'll have Ron owl his brother and take special care of Norbert, it's a promise" Hagrid smiled at the girl. 

"Now, you'll be serving detention with Hagrid in the Dark Forest" said Mr. Filch annoyed by the scene that Hagrid had created. "The Forest, I thought you were joking, we can't go in there, who knows what sort of creatures are there in the forest and I heard-" Draco was cut off by a werewolf's howl, "werewolves" he completed. Filch completely ignored Malfoy and walked off.

They were in the forest now, when Hagrid saw a pool of silver gel like liquid substance on the ground. "What is that, Hagrid?" He then went on what it was and how it is used. "Now, we have to find this poor injured beast in the forest"

"Ron and Hermione, come with me and Malfoy, Livia and Harry can go together" ordered Hagrid. Liv and Harry rolled their eyes thinking that they had to spent their detention with him. "Fine, then I get Fang!" said Malfoy. "Fine, just so you know, he's a bloody coward!!" Malfoy's face dropped.

"Wait till my father hears about this, who are we servants?" said Malfoy angrily. Olivia and Malfoy were walking side by side and Harry was behind with Fang.  "As I said earlier, if you hadn't snitched, we wouldn't have been in this situation. A bit of advice, next time if you see us doing something that includes breaking rules, please keep your mouth shut, it might be something important that you wouldn't know!" said Olivia making Malfoy shut his mouth. "That's quite a nice ring you got on your finger, Middleton." Draco said. "Why, thank you, and yes it does" Olivia was grinning, ear to ear. She continued, "If I didn't know any better, Draco, I'd say you are scared." She continued. "I'm not scared, Middleton and its Malfoy to you!" Liv rolled her eyes at him. "Come on boy, here Fang here!" Liv patted Fang as she now walked side by side to Hagrid's dog.

They continued to walk for a while, until Olivia screamed bloody murder holding her own forearm and crying in pain and falling down. "Liv, what is it?" asked Harry worriedly. "My-My forearm- its paining as hell" she said taking pauses and she looked at Harry and said until she widened her eyes when she saw a hooded figure drinking the blood of the unicorn. Both of them turned around and saw the hooded figure too. Draco screamed and ran, which should've been first instinct for Harry and Olivia too. But Harry didn't leave Olivia's side and the hooded figure started to creepily fly over to them. The closer the figure would get to them, the more pain came to her hand and the more the pain came, the more she screamed. She screamed so loudly that her eyes started to water and she could soon feel all of her surroundings turning all black.