Chapter 75 - The War Pt. 2

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord, in the last few hours alone" Snape said as we overheard their conversation from outside, careful not to make any sound and careful not to be seen.

"No" Voldemort said, his voice sending a cold chill down my spine. I subconsciously held Harry's hand, when I heard him.

"No, I am extraordinary, but the wand resists me" he completed coming closer to Snape.

"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself said it" Snape replied with his hands behind his back.

"Tonight, when the boy comes to you, I'm sure of it, it will not fail you. It answers to you and you only" Snape said looking into Voldemort's eyes.

But that was not true, though Snape killed Dumbledore, his Elder Wand didn't answer to him, as Draco had already disarmed Dumbledore before Snape killed him. At the moment, Draco is the owner of the Elder Wand.

"The Elder wand cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master" Voldemort said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"It belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner" he said taking a few steps towards Snape.

"You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot be truly mine" he said and my eyes widened as I realized where this was going.

My breath hitched to what Voldemort said next, "You have been a true and faithful servant, Severus. But only I can live forever"

"My Lord-" Snape said but Voldemort cut him off with the killing curse and Snape fell to the ground.

Harry held my hand tightly and then I realized Harry and I had been holding hands. I looked at him and swallowed thickly. My lips started quivering, even though he was a Death Eater and he betrayed us, he was still my godfather, the only family I had left. Before I could say or scream anything, Harry put a hand around my mouth and stopped me from blowing our cover.

When we saw him apparate, we all ran inside. I fell to the ground beside him and I looked at him.

"Do something!" Harry yelled a little seeing the condition of the professor.

I closed his wounds with the healing spell and put my forehead on his. I let a tear fall on him and I waited for him to come back.

No response.

I put my forehead on him and cried, "Come on, please. Come back" and let another tear fall on him.

No response, yet again.

I tried for the fifth time and yelled, "COME BACK, PLEASE. YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME ALONE"

His eyes fluttered open and a tear fell from his eyes, he looked at Harry and said, "Take them. Please"

"Give me something, quickly. A flask, anything" Harry said looking at Hermione.

Hermione pulled out a tiny flask out of her bag and handed it to Harry. He put it on Snape's cheek and let the tear fall.

"Take them to the Pensieve" he said weakly to Harry.

"Come on, we have to take you to the safe place" I said helping him up.

"No..." he said but I cut him off.

"No, you are not giving up, not now" I said sternly and looked at him.

"You're just like your mother" he said smiling slightly.

"You guys go on; I'll see you at Hogwarts" I said and apparated to the safe house.