Chapter 86 - The Excerpt

"Why didn't you tell him something?" I asked angrily. How could Harry and Ron let Draco walk away just like that, when they were giving him a hard time when he came for dinner? Why didn't they say anything?

They stayed silent and I shook my head, "You still think he is not right for me"

"Well, are we wrong? When you are in pain, he left you. Olivia, he just left you. Now, he'll move on and go on with his life, while you will be heartbroken. I was right, from the beginning, he was never right for you" Ron said standing up while Harry still sat beside me.

"What happened to what you just said like a minute ago? Huh? Let go, we will find each other and all that bullshit?" I asked looking at him. Even he looked hurt, I could see it in his eyes.

"I wasn't speaking right-"

"No, you-you don't know, he might be going through something, I-I just have to make him believe that he is not the reason, I'm in pain-"

"You're still defending him? He left you, for Merlin's sake, get it in. Let it sink, Olivia. HE LEFT YOU"

"HE THINKS IT'S HIS FAULT" I yelled, still not being able to move.

"IT IS! Whenever you got hurt, he was near you, I reckon he was the one hurting you-"

"ENOUGH" I yelled again. As much as I hate Draco right now, as much as he broke my heart into a million pieces, he would never hurt me. I was, am and will always be sure of that.

"Leave" I said lower than a whisper, tears streaming down my face. Harry was about to speak, when I shook my head, "No, both of you, I don't want anything to do with anyone. This was how it was 'meant to be', I was just supposed to watch love from afar, not fall in. I was made to love the idea of love, not to actually love" I said closing my eyes.

I didn't care if they left or stayed. Eventually, everyone did leave me. So, why not them as well? Was Draco right? Did he not love me anymore? Why wasn't the necklace glowing anymore? I had been so close to death so many times, so why didn't it help me?

Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart.

After a few days, I had been permitted to leave the hospital wing. I was pushing my wheelchair slowly towards the Gryffindor Tower, alone. But I wasn't alone, my dark thoughts hadn't left me since the day he broke up. Ginny and Hermione came to visit numerous times, but I didn't say anything. I hadn't spoken a word since then. Not to myself, not to Ginny, not to Hermione and not even to Madam Pomfrey. Where was I supposed to go, other than my room?

I knew Ginny would be angry with me, I hadn't talked to her, she would probably be asleep, but I needed to go somewhere. I reached the common room, now what? How am I supposed to go up the stairs?

"Need help?" a voice said from behind me making me jump. I turned around to see Hendrix. He smiled and I obliged.

"If you want to" I said and he helped me up the stairs, carrying the wheelchair up later.

"Thanks, Hendrix" I said slowly.

"Matthew, please" he said and left.

I knocked on her door, technically it was still my room, but I wasn't living there, so...

She opened the door and I gave her a weak smile, "Can me and my dark thoughts move in here again?" I asked looking down.

"You can, but those thoughts, nuh – uh" she said and pulled me in a hug. I sighed loudly, finally feeling the warmth of someone close.