Chapter 76 - The 'Aftercare'

Olivia's POV

I fluttered my eyes open only to find myself in a bright, white room. I was on the bed and I looked around. Everything was too bright for me to check where I was. So, I sat up straight and looked out the window, I could see the Black Lake and some mountains. It was the view from the castle.

I stood up from the bed and headed towards the door. I opened the door and found myself in the Great Hall. I took one step forward, so that my right leg was in the Great Hall and my left in the room that I woke up.

I heard someone talk so, I quickly closed the door behind me and headed outside. I was following the voices but every time I would get near, the voices would seem to go far.

"Hello, gorgeous" a voice said and I turned around.

There he was. Just the same like last time when I saw him. Happy. I ran up to him and he took me in his arms.

"Cedric!" I exclaimed while he tightly wrapped his hands around me.

"Oh, I missed you so much" he said onto my shoulder.

"I missed you more" I said and he put me down.

"W-Where am I? I mean, I know its Hogwarts, but why am I here?" I said and he grabbed my hand.

"Come on, I'd like you to meet someone" he said happily and pulled me in another direction.

We were walking hand in hand when he pulled me closer and put an arm around my shoulder.

"Meet Aurora Montgomery" he said and the lady turned around.

She had brown hair that went till her hips. She was a little taller than I was. She also had green eyes. If anyone else saw her, they would've said that this was just my older self. I looked just like her. Like my mother.

"Mum?" I asked and she opened up her arms.

I ran to her and hugged her, finally feeling a motherly embrace. It was happy and soothing. I never realized this feeling. Since, I never knew you feel like this when you hug your mother, since mine died when I was a year old.

Sure, Narcissa and Molly have hugged me tons of times, but this feeling, it was different, this was amazing and I didn't want it to end.

"You fought so bravely" she said cupping my face and pulling it for a forehead kiss.

"I'm very proud of you" she completed and I smiled at her.

I didn't know what to say. What do you say to a person who meant so much to you but you never spent time with each other?

"Come on, let's take a walk" she said holding my hand and we walked around the castle, with Cedric by our side as well.

"When I first saw Cedric, he was a total sweetheart" my Mum said looking at him and he started blushing.

"So, he isn't right now?" I joked earning a hit from him.

"No, no. He is" she corrected herself.

"I see, Narcissa is keeping her promise" she said looking at my necklace. I touched it and smiled.

"Yeah, she loves me. Sometimes, I reckon, more than Draco" I said and we all laughed.

And then it hit me. Draco. What was he doing right now? How will he cope up with my loss? What will he do next? And with Cedric here, what am I gonna tell him that I started dating Draco in my fifth year? How would he react? So many thoughts were running in my mind.

"I know what you're thinking, it's okay" Cedric said and I looked at him in bewilderment.

"When he first helped you, I knew he had feelings for you. But I never knew they were this deep" he said pointing at my glowing necklace.