Chapter 18 - The Hippogriff

After dinner, we went out of The Great Hall, Chris was already waiting for me. He wouldn't go without meeting his baby sister. The others were waiting for me too. He pulled me in for a hug and spun me around and kissed my cheek. "It's so good to see you. I missed you so much!" he said pulling away from the hug.

"Missed me? We met over the summer, remember at my house?" I asked while hugging the others. "Yeah, but still, I wished that you stayed over at mine. Mum and Dad are dying to meet you"

I hugged Rafael, he had grown taller, but still, I would reach his chest only.

"Perhaps, Christmas?" he asked in hopes that I would say yes. "I'll think about it, you know, I'll be working"

"No fair, you had the chance to live here at Hogwarts and you left. You left me alone?" Rafael said dramatically placing his hands over his heart.

"Alright, Olivia. If your meet-cute is over, let's go" Percy said and I hugged them goodbye.

"Alright Percy, no need to be rude" and I left with him.

The first class was Divination. Hermione and I already hated it. I was almost asleep during the whole class, except when she used to raise her voice mid-sentences.

We went to our next class, Care for Magical Creatures. We followed Hagrid into the forest for our lesson, all the way, Hermione making fun of Professor Trelawney.

He told us to form a group and open the book to page 49. I instantly lit up, Hippogriff, I was had a liking towards animals.

"This place has gone to the dogs. Wait till my father hears that Dumbledore allowed this oaf to teach" Malfoy said and his goons started laughing.

"You need to-" I said, Harry cutting me off, "Shut up, Malfoy"

"Ooh, how romantic. Completing each other's sentences now, are we? Mr. and Mrs. Potter?" Draco said in pure jealousy.

"Jealous Malfoy? That Liv is the only girl that you can't get?" Ron said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I was nervous, what if he said that he spent the night over the summer, obviously not in that way, I didn't tell anyone, so everyone would naturally believe him. He came closer to me, looking me up and down, close enough that only I could hear, "Only if they knew" I gulped and he smirked and winked and went back to his place.

"Leave it be, Harry" Hermione said pulling him and me in the front. "Ahem" Hagrid cleared his throat and we all drew our attention towards him.

"Ta dada ta" he said singing and showing off a Hippogriff. Everyone was scared to see him, whereas I was grinning like an idiot, forgetting about the conversation earlier.

"Isn't he beautiful? Come on, meet Buckbeak" he said throwing him something to eat.

"Hagrid, exactly, what is that?" Ron asked in true terror. I was mesmerized and I stepped closer to the Hippogriff. Not listening to Hagrid's instructions. Soon his voice fading away.

"A Hippogriff. First thing you ought to know, they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult one. It was just be the last thing that you will ever do" he said giving information about Buckbeak.

I was close to him now and he noticed me, I had read in the book, that you have to bow first and wait for them to bow and if he does, you can go touch him.

Before I could bow, he bowed down, one leg kneeling. How? How was that possible? They're very proud creatures. But as he bowed down, I also bowed holding my skirt out a slight from both sides and bending with one leg behind the other and bowing my head too.