Chapter 9 - The Start of Year 2

I finished my training after a month and we all went back to our homes for the remaining summer break, except for Rafael. I had grown to like the kid. He was always very kind to me, even when I would lash out on him. I went to stay at Fred and George's house for the last few days of the break, my parents had to go somewhere again. So, I owled them asking if their mom would let me stay there for a few days and she agreed. Mrs. Weasley is such an amazing woman. She's never even met me before, but when I arrived at her house, she engulfed me into a hug, so warm, it started to feel like home.

I was visiting Diagon Alley, before starting my second year at Hogwarts and I met Hermione and her parents and they were just like her, kind and bright. We all were at Flourish and Botts waiting for our books, when I saw Malfoy, a feeling in my stomach came, not knowing what, as soon as our eyes met, I couldn't help but blush and he noticed it too. He had grown taller, if I were to hug him or stand beside him I would reach his shoulder. We all were waiting for some 'Gilderoy Lockhart'. People were waiting in line for his autograph to his book 'Magical Me'. I had heard that people fancied him for his looks, which I couldn't see. He was an ordinary looking man, who had too much pride for his own good.

We were about to leave the shop, when suddenly Malfoy walked down through the stairs and ripped a page from some book. I was standing with Fred and George and talking to them when Draco suddenly came in front of Harry and spoke.

"I'll bet you, you loved that, didn't you, Potter? Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page" he said with hate coming out of his mouth as he said Harry's name. He then looked at me, suddenly changing his demeanor, he looked calm and contained.

"Leave him alone" said Ginny gritting her teeth.

"Oh, look, Potter's got a new girlfriend, two in two years" he said sarcastically and looked at me and suddenly a cane hit him on his shoulder, as soon as he saw the cane, he knew whose it was. I thought I saw Draco hurt by the way the cane hit his shoulder and the man holding the cane was no other than Lucius Malfoy.

I went by Ginny's side, since Draco's father pushed him with his cane to her side. I wasn't worried that he might hurt her but still, no chances could be taken. Soon Hermione, joined my side. I was holding a handbag full of books and I could swear I thought Draco touched my bag. As soon as I was about to check the bag, Mr. Malfoy looked at me and said, "Miss Middleton, I presume" he then looked at Draco and he nodded.

"Yes, Draco has told his mother all about you, fighting a troll in first year, your hand, but unfortunately a muggle" he said with disgust.

Draco told his mother about me? Why would he do that? Maybe he was just sharing his experience as a first year at Hogwarts. Before I could say anything to Mr. Malfoy for calling me a muggle with a disgusted face, like it was a crime to be a muggle, Draco softly held my wrist to stop me from talking, he might've have remembered that punch that I gave him the first day he called me a 'mudblood'.

He must be thinking what would his father say if she got out of hand, and what would his father do, if she did something wrong. He had already seen the wrath of his father over the years, he could not have any other child, especially not Olivia hurt by him. As soon as Draco held my wrist, I calmed down, a feeling of relief and calmness took over my body.

He made sure that no one saw him holding my wrist. Soon, Mr. Weasley came in between and started calmly talking to Mr. Malfoy. He told us to wait outside and he tried his best to not show any kind of inhumanity in front of his children. But before we could leave, their argument came to a stop and Mr. Malfoy said, "See you at work"

Then Draco came in front of Harry and said just like his father did, "See you at school" and looked at me and nodded and left.

We all reached school and I had to have a word with Professor Snape about the powers that I had. Harry and Ron were nowhere to be seen, neither on the platform nor the train. We thought that maybe they would be behind us and we let it go.