Chapter 12 - The letter

I didn't tell Hermione about the kiss or my hand paining. She didn't need to know that. She was already worried about the incident of the Chambers. I couldn't sleep the whole night, for the love of Merlin. I hardly got 20 minutes of deep sleep, I would wake up at every tiny sound that came out of the window, be it the rustling of trees' leaves or the cold wind blowing, or insects or birds in the morning.

The next day, I woke up tired because of hardly getting any sleep. The first class we had was with Professor McGonagall, transfiguration. I hated it. Over the summer that I stayed at Hogwarts, transfiguration was the hardest part, I had mastered every spell, or hex or jinx there was in transfiguration. But, for the love of me, I couldn't transform myself into anything.

We were all in the class, I was sitting next to Mione on a bench and Ron and Harry on the other. Malfoy was sitting behind them with Goyle.

"Could I have your attention, please?" asked Professor McGonagall. I wasn't paying any attention, as I dreaded the subject, I was almost asleep.

"Now, today, we're going to transform animals into water goblets!" she completed standing up from her desk and standing next to an animal. "Miss Middleton, would you like to show us?" she asked looking at me.

I didn't hear her, as I was on the verge of falling asleep. Mione gently squeezed my thigh with her hand, in hopes of making me pay attention. "Yes, Professor?" I said, completely unaware of the question she asked me.

"I asked, would you like us to show how to transform an animal into a water goblet?" she repeated.

"Yes" I stood up from my bench with my owl and went next to Professor McGonagall. All the eyes were on me, everyone might be thinking how I knew it and why did the professor ask me to do it and all that. But I couldn't tell them, who or what I was, it was still a mystery to me and the others that stayed behind with me. But I quickly shrugged all the nervousness that I had and took control of the classroom, showing no hint of nervousness in me.

"Yes, now, the spell is 'Vera Verto' you need to point your wand to the animal, tap it three times, like so, one, two, three, and say, 'Vera Verto'" My owl, Nyra, beautifully transformed herself into a transparent, shiny water goblet. I sighed with relief that I had done it correctly. Hermione was rather more suspicious to as why I knew the more practical approach to any class that we had from the start of the year.

"Well done, Olivia" said McGonagall patting my back, proud of me. She knew how irritated I was over the summer when she was teaching transfiguration. I sat down at my place with the water goblet with a proud smirk on my face. The minute I sat down beside Mione; she raised her hand in the air. "Yes, Miss Granger?" McGonagall said.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about The Chamber of Secrets?"

My whole body tensed up, thinking about last nights events, we saw it written in blood, we saw Mrs. Norris hanging, like she was dead. My head quickly snapped to look at Draco. He was tensed up too, but he had a nice control on his emotions and face, he noticed me look at him but he ignored me and kept looking at the professor, who was now looking at the curious and confused faces of second years.

She then told on how Salazar Slytherin, wanted to keep magical learning within the magical family, in other words pure-bloods. She then continued and told that how he had created a chamber and sealed it, until his own heir, true heir, returned to Hogwarts, and how the heir alone would be able to open the chamber. As she kept on explaining the horrors of the chambers, my mind couldn't help but wonder, Malfoy.

How his mentality, was exactly like Salazar Slytherin, how he hated muggle-borns and half-bloods as well, to his thinking and his family's, only pure-bloods should be allowed to learn magic, or even live. How he quickly had snatched me from the terror that we saw last night, how he got sorted into Slytherin, without that hat even touching his head, how he could be the heir of Slytherin.