Chapter 70 - The Kidnapping

There I was, staring at the dark sky, thinking about the consequences of my actions, thinking about what murderous things are about to happen in Hogwarts and I am to blame for it. I was standing in the Astronomy Tower, despite of Draco's numerous pleas, I left my dorm. I broke my promise. Something I never do. I couldn't sleep for the life of me. Hermione and Ginny had been trying to talk to me. I was looking down at the mountains when suddenly Harry and Dumbledore apparated next to me.

"We need to get you to the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey will heal you" Harry said as he made Dumbledore sit.

"Professor? Harry?" I asked as I went beside them.

"W-What happened?" I asked and Dumbledore looked at me.

"Severus. Severus is who I need. Go find him, both of you, quickly and speak to no one else" he said weakly.

"I-I could help you, sir" I said but he shook his head.

We were about to leave when we heard the door open. I looked at Harry and he looked at Dumbledore.

"Hide yourself below, both of you. Quickly. Do not come up, no matter what" he said and I looked at Harry.

"Harry, we can't leave him here" I said as I knew what was going to happen to him and Harry grabbed my wrist and we went below and stood there in silence.

"Good evening, Draco" Dumbledore said and my heart dropped.

"What brings you here, on this fine spring evening?" he asked and Draco drew his wand.

"Who else is here? I heard you talking" Draco said. The way he sounded; anyone could tell he was in fear.

"I often talk aloud myself, find it quite extraordinary" Dumbledore replied calmly and Harry went ahead to see Dumbledore clearly and I followed.

"Draco... you are no assassin" Dumbledore said while I saw Draco. He had his wand still aimed at him.

"How do you know what I am? I have done things that would shock you" Draco replied angrily.

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Replacing a bottle of mead with a poisoned one?" Dumbledore asked and Harry looked at me.

He looked for any disappointment in my face, since the person I love did all these horrible things.

"He trusts me. I was chosen" Draco said and pulled his sleeve up and Harry widened his eyes.

He looked at me once again for some expression on my face.

None.

He looked at me with disappointment in his eyes. I looked at him with guilt all over my face. I knew I did wrong and I knew I messed it up.

"Then I shall make it easy for you" Dumbledore said and pulled out his wand.

Draco quickly disarmed him and Harry pulled out his wand. We heard the door open and I pulled out my wand. I knew it were the Death Eaters.

"You're not alone. There are others. How?" Dumbledore said taking a few steps forward.

"The vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement. It has a twin in Borgin & Burkes. They form a passage. I've been mending it" Draco replied his wand still pointing at Dumbledore.

"Ingenious. Draco... years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you" Dumbledore pleaded.

Draco had been passing the time. He didn't want to do it. I knew he didn't.