Chapter 20 - The Match

I was told to stay in the hospital wing for a few more days, but as I had already missed so much of my lessons, I requested Dumbledore that I'll go to classes and come back at my free time back here. He agreed, well he had to.

I was already late for Snape's class, but I thought he'd understand why I was late.

"Ah, Miss Middleton. You're late" he said, in his cold tone.

"Yes, Professor I-" I said but he cut me off and said, "No excuses, 5 points from Gryffindor. Now, quickly take a seat by the door, next to Mr. Malfoy, so that he can catch you up with what you missed"

I sat down beside Draco. He quickly took my book and opened to page 394 and let me copy his notes, for I missed. Although, I would've preferred Mione's notes over him but he was being nice, I smiled and said, "Thank you"

"No problem, darling. So, how's your ankle now?" he asked looking at me kindly.

"Oh, just fine. 'It comes and goes'" I repeated what he said days ago when he was hurt.

"Oh, so you were listening" he said chuckling slightly. We were totally distracted and talking to each other. "Well, didn't you intend me to?" I said, raising one eyebrow.

"Well-" he said but was cut off by Snape saying, "Miss Middleton, why bother coming to my class late, if you're not gonna pay attention?"

"Sorry, professor" I said looking down at my book.

"Wow, he clearly saw you talking, but won't do anything about it" I said copying Draco's notes, shabbily.

"Werewolves only respond to the call of its own kind"

"Aaaaawwooooooo" Draco said imitating a werewolf. I rolled my eyes; he was acting like a child.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy" he said gritting his teeth. I was still copying the notes and not paying attention. Last night's events were running in my mind. What if Draco didn't come? And what if Black had found Harry?

"Damn it!" Draco said gritting his teeth.

"What?" I said looking at him, snapping out of my thoughts.

"We have an assignment to complete, two roles, by Monday morning, are you not listening?"

"And?"

"And...It's Quidditch tomorrow" he said.

"Well, I'm sure your Quidditch uniform isn't red/gold or yellow/black" I said pointing the obvious that it was Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff and not Slytherin.

"I know darling, but I'd like to watch it, for my next game, to plan strategies"

"Strategies? Doesn't a captain do that?"

"Well, Flinch is a git. So, Olivia, I was thinking maybe you could write it for me?"

"And why would I do that?" I said closing my book and looking at me. He placed a hand on my thigh. My cheeks flustered, sending shivers down my body.

"You wouldn't want everyone to know about the summer now, would you? Probably they'll believe me rather than a mudblood or a blood traitor, they'll believe everything I'll say, even if it didn't happen" he said almost whispering, so that only I could hear.

I looked up at him, swatting his hand away from my thigh. "Fine, just this once I'm listening to you and I'm not doing it for free though, I have other assignments too. You owe me." I said, diverting my attention and now listening to Snape.

"Oh, darling, there'll be plenty of times when you'll listen to me. If you know what I mean" he said and I looked at him with eyes wide and him winking at me.