Chapter 27 - The Ride

Draco's POV

We fell asleep. After talking for hours, I wasn't tired, but she was. And for the first time in months, I had a peaceful sleep, with the warm body pressed against mine. But I was woken up in the middle of the night by some heavy breathing on my chest, her body fidgeting in sleep, whimpers escaped from her mouth, she was mumbling something, I opened my eyes and looked down at her, she was still asleep, her eyes were closed, but her eyeballs kept moving left to right, her eyebrows were furrowed, she was having a nightmare.

I quickly let her go and started shaking her, so that she would wake up and the nightmare would go away.

"Darling, wake up" I said lightly slapping her cheeks.

"Don't... don't do that" she cried in her sleep.

"Olivia, it's just a nightmare. Wake up" I said, I could see tears forming at the bridge of her eyes. I started to shake her and she opened her eyes and sat up straight. She was breathing heavily. She looked at me and said, "Are... are you okay? Did something happen to you?"

"Me? I'm perfectly fine, Olivia. You were having a nightmare" I said as I offered her a glass of water that rested at her table. She gulped it in one breath.

"It... It felt real" she said handing me the empty glass.

"Don't worry, it was just a nightmare. Do y-you wanna talk about it?" I asked sitting beside her. She shook her head. "Alright, back to sleep then" and with that she quickly hugged me and slept. I could get used to this I thought to myself.

I woke up in the morning without Olivia's body pressed with mine, I got up from the bed and headed straight to the bathroom. I could smell something delicious cooking downstairs, so I quickly took a shower and went downstairs. I headed to the kitchen to see no one, just some eggs frying on the pan and a kettle on the gas. Then, I saw Olivia grabbing something from a cabinet that was near the gas. I tiptoed quietly behind her, in hopes to scare her. She was wearing her red silk night top and silk shorts and had a soft silk robe on.

"Boo!" I screamed and she dropped the whole fucking flour container over my head. I was covered in flour from top to bottom. She saw me and started laughing.

"Ha-ha... What... were you... doing?" she said, still laughing hysterically.

"Oh, you think it's funny?" I asked and bent down to grab some flour in my hand, she saw my movement and ran from me and I ran behind her, she was circling the kitchen counter. If I went left, she went right, if I went right, she went left. I took a huge step in the right direction and before she could turn left, I swiftly grabbed her waist from behind and rubbed the flour all over her face.

"Hah... How'd you like me now, sucker?" I said as she grabbed a fistful of flour in her hand and threw it at me. We played around for a while.

"Alright, now, stop it, you go and get fresh and I'll throw the eggs out since they're burnt and I'll start with a new batch" she said while cleaning the floor.

"Why don't you use magic to clean?" I asked while scooping the extra flour that was now stuck to my wet hair.

"Well, I'm not a Malfoy, I don't get away with everything" she said sarcastically.

I mumbled under my breath, "Not yet"

"Pardon me" she said looking up. "Nothing, I'm gonna go clean-up" I smiled.

I took a second shower in the guest bedroom and went downstairs. The eggs were almost cooked, with bread in some sort of machine, and pancakes on the pan.

"So, what smells so delicious?" I asked taking a seat down at the table.

"My special omelet, but I know you eat pancakes, so I made you that, with some toast and tea" she said placing breakfast in front of me.