Chapter 28 - The Intruder

TW - Mention of rape.

Draco's POV

After Olivia told me about the intruder, I was hesitant to leave her alone. She made me believe that she'll be okay, and of course, she would be okay. She was really brave. We were allowed to use magic for our defense. So, I wasn't worried that much.

I would always check up on her, first in the morning and then after her job, when she returned to her house. It took everything in me to not just scoop her up in the air and take her home with me. I wanted to, but her being at The Manor, with my father being there, wasn't safe. He didn't know that she wasn't a muggleborn and he might as well have known Olivia's mother, because she was in Slytherin and my mother's best friend. But bringing her there, was a risky idea. His ideas and beliefs were drilled into my mind, pureblood, I had to love and marry a pure-blood. I didn't even know, if she was a pureblood or not, but when I saw her, it didn't matter to me.

I never knew why this particular girl had that effect on me. For the first time ever, that I wasn't attracted to a girl because of her body. It wasn't her body that had me hooked to her, but her soul, her passion for things, her bravery, her wittiness, her love for her friends, she would do anything to protect them.

I could get any girl I want at Hogwarts and that was the case for her too. She could get any guy she wanted or even any girl, for that matter of fact. That Diggory guy is already attracted to her and pretty sure she likes him back. I am no Gryffindor, and I don't want to be either, but I did not have the courage to ask her out. I wasn't afraid of rejection, ever. Because I never got rejected. But I was afraid of rejection from her.

And she has been so kind to me, even when I bully her or her friends. She has always been kind to me, except for that one time when she was gonna hex me for Buckbeak, it was my fault, so it's understandable. But she looked damn hot in control. I would want to see her control me in bed. Definitely I am a dominant and by her nature, definitely a submissive. But it was sexy to see her in control, that was the only reason I wasn't whimpering. She looked damn sexy in control.

But I had to make a decision, I would always keep her happy, but I was also afraid. Afraid that I would become my father and abuse her or leave her. That's why I decided to push her away this year. With enough bullying and constant ignorance, I would achieve what I intend to. But her safety was important as well, I didn't trust her friends, she did, but me, no!

It was Thursday morning that I went to check up on her and she was at home and as always, I came again after she left from work, she was home. The next day when I went to check, both of the shoes were at the same place. The slippers inside the house seemed weird to me, one was fallen down from the stairs and the other was upside down. I didn't think too much into it and left for home.

If I had gotten down from my broom to see then I wouldn't have been able to control myself, but I have to, for her own sake. That night I couldn't go to check on her, because my father came home drunk and had beaten my mother. I couldn't leave her alone. I would never leave her alone.

The next day, she hadn't woken up. My father didn't seem to give a fuck about her, since after she lost a baby after me. He was never proud of me, either. But it was what it was. We had to put up with him. She finally woke up late that night. I gave her some potions and mended her wounds and when she went back to sleep, I left to check up on Olivia.

It was strange, both of her slippers were exactly the same way they were, the last time I had checked. It was odd and I didn't have a good feeling about it. I got down from my broom and checked from outside that if I was able to see her. I didn't see her in the living room or the kitchen.