Chapter 11 - The Detention with Malfoy

I was furious. I had to serve detention, for what wasn't my fault? Argh! I was sitting with Hermione in The Great Hall for the free lecture that we had.

"Detention? But its your first time, how can Dumbledore give you detention without giving you a warning first?" Hermione said placing a hand on my hand.

"Remind you Mione, I've punched him, twice. No regrets. Plus, his father was there, so he had to." I said proudly as if I had achieved something.

"Let's go, Middleton! I don't want to get into another detention with you because you were late." Draco came behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. I jerked it off. And we went down the dungeons. I was pretty pissed at him. But I knew if I did something here, I wouldn't over power him. He had grown tall and strong too.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy, expected. Miss Middleton, disappointed" Snape said as soon as we reached his potion's classroom's door. "Alright, now, clean the whole classroom, top to bottom, no area should be covered in any dust or any leftover potion. You both should be done by dinner. NO MAGIC!" he stated coldly and locked his classroom behind us.

I put my hair up in a messy bun, with two strands from both the sides coming down, till my jaw. "I'll take the top, continue with the bottom." I told Malfoy, coldly.

"And who are you to tell me what to do, you filthy little m-" he said but I cut him off. "Don't you dare complete that sentence Malfoy, if you do, I will not promise what will be broken and I do not mind sitting in detention again" I stated gritting my teeth and pointing my finger at him.

He didn't say anything and started cleaning the bottom, tables and chairs and pots. While I summoned a ladder and climbed on it and continued cleaning the top. Boy, Snape didn't keep his classroom clean, no wonder it was all dark and dull when we used to study. I was almost done with the top. My shirt was covered in dust and so was my nose.

"I just don't understand, why you have to be so cruel, towards me or my friends. We've done nothing to you or your goons" I said dusting on one of the cupboards with an old cloth.

"Yeah, well-" before he could say anything my ladder lost its balance making me fall from the topmost stair of it, with nowhere to hold onto. I was gonna get a blow to my head, and definitely a few more broken bones. But before I could hit the ground and hurt myself, Draco had already caught me in his arms. My eyes were still close from the fear of falling. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Draco staring at me, like he was lost in my eyes. And so, did I. I could swim in those blue-grey eyes, they were like an ocean, deep and beautiful. We kept staring at each other, until we were interrupted by the clock's bell.

He helped me stand on my feet and dusted off any dust and straightened any crumble he had on his robe, it was awkward to even look at him, no less to speak to him. The top was done and the bottom was also almost done, I helped him complete the bottom and Snape unlocked the door. He looked around the class and saw it shining and slightly smiled. Hardly noticeable.

"Off you both go, dinner is already over, ask the house elves to give you something, since you missed dinner" he said with a look of concern in his eyes and we left the room, still not speaking to each other.

As soon as were out of the dungeons, I pulled the courage to ask him, "Why did you do it?"

"Why did I do what?"

"Save me, I mean you could've easily let me fall and hurt myself" I said

"Let you fall? Are you kidding me? You could've had a blow to your head, hard and definitely no less than 5 broken bones in your body, if you had fallen. And you really think that I'm that harsh, that I would let a lady fall?" he said, harshly holding my arm and making me face him. Our faces were close. Why did he save me? He still didn't answer my question.