Chapter 40 - The Memorial Service

I ran to the castle, wiping my tears, not looking behind. Not caring what anyone thought, not caring if someone was following or not. I ran and ran and ran. The hallways seemed dark without him; it wasn't like it always was. I ran to my dorm and fell to the ground, still crying. How do you make up or move on from the loss of someone so close to you? Of someone that mattered so much to you? I cried and cried. Not worrying about how loud I was sounding.

I was on the ground when someone hugged me from behind.

"Draco, why did he not wanna come back?" I knew it was him.

"What- Darling, you don't know what you're talking-" he said and I cut him off and said, "I can bring back people" I didn't care if he knew, I had no control over my words. He was silent, processing the information he just received.

"Dumbledore said that now I can only bring back people... who want to come back" I said and I turned around, "Why didn't he wanna come back? Was I not good? Was there a problem in me-" I asked looking at him and he cut me off by hugging me and said, "No, never think that, Olivia. I can say that Diggory was lucky to have you in his life, that he would have never regretted a second that he spent with you. A minute that he called you his. Never"

I sighed; I was still crying. My body had drained all the energy that was left in me. My hand hadn't stop paining. I didn't mind showing Draco my weakest self, he knew me better than anyone else did. I was still crying in his chest. He kept on reassuring me and stroking my hair.

We were still sitting on the ground. He pulled away and looked at me.

"Darling, let's sit on your bed, you're shivering and weak" he said cupping my cheek. I didn't look at him, but just nodded.

He made me sit on my bed and he was about to leave because he heard everyone come back in. I grabbed his wrist and said, "No, please, you don't leave me too"

He sighed and sat beside me, my head resting on his chest, his one hand around my waist while the other wiping my tears.

"It's my fault, you know, Draco. I asked him to protect Harry. He did. It was all my fault-" I said crying on his black t-shirt.

"Don't say that" he said comforting me. I didn't know how long he sat there, but I drifted to sleep.

Hermione's POV

We were walking back from the grounds. I was shaken up. He had never hurt a single soul in his life. Why did that happen to him? I was so worried that I didn't even think what my best friend would've been going through. I searched for her in the grounds, in the Great Hall, the Astronomy Tower, I didn't find her, so Ginny and I went back to our dorm.

I opened the door and found her in our dorm, asleep in Malfoy's arm. He was awake, he looked at me and I held my palm in the air, signaling that it was okay, that she needed someone and he smiled slightly and went back to sleep with her.

Ginny and I were careful enough to not make any sound, since even the tiniest of the sound could wake Liv up. And that was the last thing that we wanted. Because if she woke up, she would cry and it would affect her health.

All of us were awake the whole night, whereas Liv, kept moving in her sleep, she was restless. She was fidgeting. Every time I woke up to comfort her, Malfoy was always there, he would rub her back, he would stroke her hair, wipe the stray tears off of her face.

The next morning, I woke up to find Liv alone in her bed and a note on her table.

My dear darling,

I am always there for you. Always. You can visit me, anytime you want, or I can. No matter the bullying, the name calling, you will always be my priority, I will drop everything just to comfort you.