Chapter 26 - The Party

Dear Draco,

Thank you for the piano, it's the most beautiful one I have ever laid my eyes on. But it's too much, I cannot accept this. I can only imagine how many galleons it must've cost you. So, no I'm not accepting it. And how did you even get it in here? And know that this doesn't mean that I don't forgive you. Of course, Buckbeak forgave you, when he saved us from Professor Lupin, so yes, I forgive you.

Give my regards and love to your mother. Tell her that I'll write her soon. Do write to me when you'll be coming.

Love,

Olivia Middleton

"Here, love" I said to Nyra. "Go to The Malfoy Manor. Draco will give you some delicious treats" I gave Nyra the letter and she flew out the window.

I sent Draco the letter as soon as I cleaned up around here. My party was from a month now, so I had a lot of time to prepare for it. I still have to work, only Mione and Chris know where I work, they still haven't heard me sing, no one has, except Draco.

The month went by pretty quickly, I had done all the arrangements for the party. I cleared out the hall, for some more space, except for the piano. It looked good there. I didn't move it, if someone asked, I would tell them the truth. I don't care what they would think, well, I would a little, but still, Draco has been nice to me. And no one knows him like I do. He's been a good friend, maybe if our luck would permit, maybe he'll become more than a friend.

I was setting up the drinks for the party, when I heard the bell ring. It was still early; I wonder who it could be.

"Cedric!" I said as I opened the door. He was wearing a denim jacket with a white t-shirt underneath it and some jeans. He looked very handsome. "Olivia" he said while engulfing me into a hug and handing me the box of chocolates he had in his hands.

"You're here early" I said inviting him in and placing the box on the table, with the other snacks that I had prepared for the party, opening it for the others. "If you don't mind, I'm gonna put these chocolates out for everyone?" I asked taking a piece of the chocolate and eating it.

"Yeah, I had the afternoon free, so I thought I'd help you, if you don't mind" he said coming beside me.

"Yes, of course I don't mind. Mmmm, these are delicious. But please everything is done already, let's sit and wait for the others." I said as we sat down on the couch.

"So, how's your wound? Better?" he asked as he placed a hand on my thigh.

"Erm, y-yes, very much so. Just the marks left, I think" I stuttered, feeling nervous as he slowly rubbed my thigh.

"Liv-" he came closer to me and said, "There's something I've been meaning to say and wanting to do, just I was a coward to not say it before, I li-" and he was interrupted by the doorbell.

"I reckon, the others are here" I said standing up, I knew what he was gonna tell me and I hate to turn people down. I didn't like him, not right now. Maybe I liked Draco, but he hadn't written to me in so long. I quickly went to the door and opened it to see Hermione, Ron and the twins smiling.

"Hey, you guys. Come on in" I said opening the door fully. "Oh, Olivia, how are you?" Hermione said hugging me tightly. "Good... if you stop... crushing my bones" I said trying to pull away from her bone crushing hug.

"Who's here?" she asked placing the bottle of wine down.

"Erm, Cedric" I said not wanting to meet her eyes, knowing that she would assume something else.

"Ooh, I hope we didn't interrupt anything" Fred said coming over to me.

"No, you guys its nothing like that" I said taking the wine glasses out. Soon, everyone came, except for Harry and began mingling. Harry was running late, I thought, but soon there was a knock at the door.