Chapter 35 - The Yule Ball Pt. 1

Hermione, Ginny and I were getting ready in our dorm. The music was playing in The Great Hall, and by music, I mean, the songs that I recorded for the occasion. It was loud, so loud that it could be heard till The Black Lake. Between the three of us, only I knew how to apply makeup and do hairstyles, so naturally, I was the one doing it.

I started with Ginny; she was happy with the results. Hermione, wanted to curl her bushy hair, so it would be manageable for the evening, so I had already applied the Sleekeazy Hair Potion and the results were amazing. The girls left and I sat to get ready.

My dress was black strapless ball gown with a little magic that I sprinkled on it. I applied light eyeshadow on my eyes, with a winged eyeliner, a pink blush across my cheeks, highlighter on the side and my nose, and a nude lipstick, with black high heels. I put my hair up in a messy, but yet elegant bun, two strands hanging loose on the sides with a beautiful brooch to its side. And I wore hoops since my hair was up in a bun.

I stood up from my dresser and went to my closet for my gown and wore it

I stood up from my dresser and went to my closet for my gown and wore it. I went in front of the mirror, and I sighed. I was nervous to think what Cedric would say when he saw me, or even what others would say, Hermione and Ginny hadn't seen my dress either.

Speaking of Cedric, I looked at the clock and it was 7.59. He must be waiting for me outside my common room. I quickly put on the black heels on and left my dorm.

A few first years were sitting in the common room. They looked at me in awe, when I came down from the stairs. One girl from them said, "Olivia, you look really pretty" I smiled and said, "Thank you, sweetheart" and left the common room.

Cedric was there waiting for me like the perfect gentleman he is. He was wearing black dress robes, with a bow tie. And he looked extremely handsome. As soon as he heard the door open, he turned around and opened his mouth slightly, and gawked at me. I couldn't place his expression. Was he not happy the way I looked? Or did I do something wrong? Does my makeup look good? Or is it my hair? Or the worst... did I look ugly? All of these questions and only he could answer.

"Ced, please say something" I said coming closer to him.

"You look..." he said and stopped and I raised my eyebrows at him, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"Angelic, or might I even say, godly" he said still looking at me in awe.

"Thank you, Ced. You don't look bad yourself" I said smiling at him.

"Shall we?" he asked and offered his arm, I took it and we walked towards the hall, talking.

"You know, my dress has some magic in it" I said looking at him.

"Is it?" he asked fixing his bow tie. I nodded.

"May I know what?" he asked again as we stopped for him to fix his shoe. 

Did he not have enough time to get ready? 

"No, it's a surprise" I said grinning like a loveable idiot. He sighed in response.