Chapter 34 - The Audition

I spent the whole day in my dorm, not bothering for lunch and dinner even. With Hermione's and Ginny's constant nagging I went out for a walk. Before I could leave the common room, I made one decision. Harry was sitting near the fireplace. I walked up to him and sat down on the floor, close to the fire place. It was pretty empty, so easier for me. I looked at Harry, he smiled and I smiled back.

I sighed. "Harry, you're my best friend and you know how much I hate to turn people down. But everyone is talking about me, how I am a... a-a slut" I stuttered. "Which you're not, Liv. And honestly, it's okay if you say no to me, I was a coward to not ask you first. But is it really true? Four guys asked you? Including Malfoy?" I nodded. 

"Thank you, Harry. For being so understanding" He smiled at me. "I'm gonna go and take a walk" and with that I left the common room.

One boy down, two more to go.

As I was walking to the courtyard, I realized that I was closer to Draco and Cedric than I was to Rafael. So, I turned my direction and went to the Ravenclaw Tower instead. Luckily, Luna was out searching for her shoes.

"Hey, Luna" I said sweetly.

"Hey, Liv" she said with her soft voice.

"Erm, is Rafael in? I wanted to talk to him" I said sheepishly.

"Yes, let me bring him out, or do you wanna go in?" she asked looking back and forth towards me and the door.

"Err" I was thinking, if I went in, Cho would be around somewhere and I don't wanna face her. On the other hand, I would see the view from the Ravenclaw Tower that Rafael was bragging about.

No! No time for that Olivia!

"Just please bring him out" I said giving up the amazing opportunity.

"Okay" she said and went skipping to her common room.

After a few minutes, Rafael came out, smiling. I smiled back. 

Oh, how hard will it be to say no to that smile. I let out a deep sigh.

"Hey, Liv" he said hugging me.

"Hey, Rafael. Erm, we need to talk" I said pulling away from the hug.

"Uh-oh. This doesn't sound good" he said with a worried expression on his face.

"You might know how some people have been calling me something that I'm not" I said looking down.

"Liv, don't listen to them, whoever started it was just jealous that you got asked out by four guys" he said placing his hands on my shoulder. I sighed and looked up.

"Yeah, well, that only made me make my decision faster. I am closer to Ced than I am to you and Draco too-"

"Yeah, heard about your dance"

"You did?" and he nodded.

"Why are you closer to him than you are to me?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Erm, something happened over the summer. To me. And he was there – I don't wanna talk about it now" 

Merlin, was I stalling!

"The point is, Rafael, I cannot go to the ball with you, but I'm sure Luna would like to" I said pointing at her when she returned with her shoes. He looked behind and Luna smiled at him.

"Rafael, I am sorry, I hope you're not mad at me. It's just-" I said but he cut me off and said, "Hey, hey, hey, no need for any explanation and you did tell me that you'll think about it and I'm glad that you gave us a thought. And I'm not mad at you" he said politely. I pulled him into a tight hug. Wow, I have great friends!