Chapter 3 - The Seeker

After having the wonderful, in her terms, encounter with Malfoy, she headed to her next class. She wanted to talk to Harry, so she quickly took the seat right next to him before anyone could. She was not the last person to walk in, it was Malfoy and his goons. She giggled a little and turned to Harry and said, "Well, congratulations Harry, on making the team."

"Um.... Thank you, Liv, and why are you giggling?" he asked. She told him all about the little chat she had with Malfoy and was proud to tell him how she left him speechless. Harry laughed with her and patted on her back and told her she did a good job.

The next day after Harry found out about his father was a seeker too, he was happy. Harry, Ron & Hermione were heading to their common room, when the staircases started to move and they went through a door before the stairs could change again. Behind the door was a deserted room, with spider webs all over the place. They could hear someone walk into the room, they ran through another door and saw a dog, three headed, they all started screaming and before they could do anything the dog got angry and tried to attack them, but they had a narrow escape.

They went to the common room where they didn't see anyone sitting and started talking about what had just happened. They were really loud while speaking.

"Wake up the whole castle don't you, let alone the Gryffindor tower?" said Olivia from behind a chair that was facing the fireplace.

"Liv, you wouldn't believe what we saw!" exclaimed Ron.

"Hermione, did you see the door beneath the dog?" asked Harry.

"A dog? Is that all what you saw and are all puffed up about it?" said Livia sarcastically.

"A three-headed dog, not just one dog and it's one body, but three headed dog and ONLY one body" said Ron. Olivia was shocked to hear this, before she could say anything, Hermione said, "It wasn't just standing there, it was guarding something"

"Guarding something?" asked Harry. "Yes, now if you two don't mind, Olivia and I are going to bed, before you guys continue talking loudly that will either get us killed or worse, expelled" Hermione replied sarcastically.

The next day Harry got to understand everything about Quidditch. Few hours later, they were in Levitation class, the Professor had asked everyone to follow the instructions he was giving. Ronald was not doing it properly, Hermione stopped him and said, "Stop, stop, stop, you're going to take someone's eye out, besides you're doing it wrong" Olivia chuckled lightly next to Hermione when she heard her comment. "Alright you do it then, if you're so clever, Ms. Know-It-All"

"Together, Liv?" asked Hermione nudging Olivia lightly. They said the spell together, "Wingardium Leviosa" and both of their feathers were up in air. Which made Ron irritated, the girls chuckled until they heard a small explosion near Harry. Seamus' hair was all spiked up and his face was almost covered from the black smoke.

They were walking out of the class, Harry, Ron, Dean and Seamus walking together and Livia and Mione walking behind them, when Ron made a comment about Hermione, which he didn't know was behind him. She walked past them crying and pushing Ron by her shoulders letting them know that she heard.

"Ronald, she was just trying to help, couldn't you have been nicer to her?" said an angry Olivia. She went running to Hermione and yelling her name but she didn't stop. After classes, Olivia finally caught up to her in the girl's bathroom. 

"Come on, Mione. You've been crying in here all afternoon. You're a smart girl, I'm sure you'll catch up with the classes you missed and I also asked the professors for your homework and copied the notes twice for you. I'm not worried about that. Just come out and please let's go to dinner. I'm hungry and I'm sure you are too. We'll sit together away from the boys if you want. Just come out." said Olivia in a sweet and calm voice showing empathy towards her friend who had been crying all afternoon.

"Liv, I'll be fine and thank you for all the notes and homework. And also go to dinner, I'm not hungry. Please don't starve yourself. I'll be out before bedtime-" replied Mione but was cut off by a growling sound. "What was that?" asked Hermione.

"Its- It's a-" before Olivia could complete her sentence she was struck by the Troll's thick wooden stick and that sent her off flying across the bathroom when she crashed on the wall and felt out of consciousness.

Hermione had been screaming until Harry and Ron came to aid, but nothing seemed to work, as they were first years. Olivia gained her consciousness mid fight and stood up and pointed her wand at the troll's weapon and said "Wingardium Leviosa" and by the other hand she just showed a palm to the troll, signaling to stop and he froze. The trio was shocked to see that. Before the weapon could hit Harry, it was already levitated by Liv in the air. And she threw it on top of the troll's head making him fall to ground. They decided to keep the part were the troll was frozen a secret, until they had more knowledge.

As soon as the troll fell to the ground. Professor McGonagall along with Quirrell and Snape came running towards the girl's bathroom. They explained why they were there and what they were doing. They got points deducted from their house but also awarded points because of Olivia's bravery. Olivia was immediately mended by Madame Pomfrey.

The next day was the Harry's first match. Everyone had already heard about Olivia's bravery and were appreciating her.

They were eating their breakfast and Malfoy came near where they sitting. "Looks like your little girlfriend isn't going to be around to save you in the air, Potter, although she might've managed to somehow protect you idiots from a troll, which Merlin knows how she did!" said Malfoy taunting Harry. Olivia blushed from what Malfoy had just said not knowing on what part she was actually blushing. Was it because someone called her Harry's girlfriend or was it because Malfoy had just complimented her in one way or another?

"Jealous, are we now Malfoy?" said Mione.

"Jealous? Me? Of Middleton?" he scoffed and left, while mumbling under his breath "maybe". Was that maybe because Liv had fought off a troll and how everyone was talking about her courageous act or that how she protected Potter. No one will know.

They were all ready to cheer Harry at the Quidditch ground. All the players came from the ground swooshing into the air on their broomsticks. Harry looked nervous but as soon as he saw his friends he calmed down.

After scoring 20 points each, Harry's broom started going out of control. Hermione saw through her binoculars that Snape was jinxing it, she quickly went over to the teacher's area and distracted them by creating a small fire. After Snape was distracted, Harry tried to focus his attention on the snitch. He saw the snitch and was about to grab it but fell on the ground. But alas! He caught the snitch in his mouth that had popped into his hand making Gryffindor the winner of the match.

After the match, Hermione tried explaining Hagrid about what happened on the ground and about Fluffy, which apparently was Hagrid's. Hagrid said, "Look and listen, all four of you, you're first years, you shouldn't put your nose where it doesn't belong. Whatever is happening is totally between Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel" As soon as those words came out of his mouth, his eyes shot a look at Olivia's and he kept on saying that he shouldn't have said what he said and left.

Soon, Christmas was near and everybody was happy to go home except the only people not going were few from the other houses, Harry, Ron and Olivia. Hermione had already left for the break and had told the gang to find out something about Flamel in the restricted library books.

Liv was waiting for Harry to come back until she stumbled upon a long mirror in an empty room. The top line of the mirror read "Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi" Which read backwards said "I show not your face but your heart's desire" which she didn't know. She saw someone, a girl, hair just like her, but older with a boy about the age of the girl in the mirror, hair also like her but more white-blonde, hand in hand, by the sea, the girl's head resting on the shoulder of the boy. She didn't know what it meant and headed back to her common room to wait for Harry, confused.