Chapter 37 - The Second Task

The day after the Yule Ball, I could see a lot of girls and boys holding hands and entering together, indicating they are in a relationship. Malfoy had gone back to his old shoes. He used to constantly bicker with me and make fun of my friends. The bickering was to the most and always just with me. Honestly speaking, as much I wanted to give him a reaction, which was what he totally wanted, my mind couldn't help but wonder, why did he bully me more?

I had a few hours free before my next class, I thought of heading to the frozen Black Lake and enjoy ice skating. I went to my dorm, took warm clothes, though I took a skirt, because I wasn't feeling like wearing jeans for ice skating, which I should've probably worn, because it was damn cold!

I reached the Black Lake and with a flick of my wand I turned my shoes into ice skates, took off my robes, put on my headphones, played a song and started dancing. Doing twirls with one leg up, spinning, bending with one leg up, as you might already know by now, I loved and enjoyed dancing. I stopped when the song was over, I took my headphones off and heard clapping. I turned around.

"Cedric! What are you doing here?" I asked as I skated over to him.

"Just had a free class, thought I'd stop by the Black Lake, but saw you. Didn't know you skated" he said taking my hand, so that I could take my skates off.

"Yeah, there are a lot of things you don't know about me, Ced" I said as we walked back to the castle. The whole way he walked backwards, always facing me and talking, maintaining eye contact.

After the Yule Ball, Cedric and I had grown pretty close, which was fun. He was the perfect gentleman, walked me to my classes and all that stuff. But he still hadn't plucked up the courage to say that he liked me. I had caught him staring at me, quite a few times, his eyes lingering on my lips for a little too long.

After a few days, Cedric and I were sitting near the Black Lake after lunch, when I said, "You've figured out the clue, haven't you? Please, Harry needs help and he did help you, you know, with the dragons" I said throwing rocks in the lake.

"I know, but-" he said but stopped himself mid-sentence and said, "Alright, I'll just push him in the right direction, just for you"

"Thank you, Ced. You're the best" I said running and hugging him. He laughed and tightened the hug. 

If he doesn't confess his feelings till the next task, I'll tell him.

We went back to the castle, when we reached the bridge, we saw Harry and Hermione talking to each other.

"Potter!" Cedric yelled as we reached closer to them. He turned around and walked the other way. Ced and I half ran behind him and Ced asked, "How... How are you?"

"Spectacular" Harry replied sassily.

"Play nice, Harry" I said and looked at Hermione.

"Alright, I'm gonna leave, see you at the library? Say after dinner?" I asked Cedric and he nodded, I placed a quick peck on his cheek and left. Hermione looked a bit worried, so I went to her.

"What is it, Mione?" I asked taking her arm.

"Just, Harry. He hasn't figured out the clue yet. I'm-" she said as we walked towards the exit.

"Don't worry, I just told Ced to help him. I know, it's not playing by the rules, but he's not giving him the clue, just pushing him in the right direction" I said as we reached the Great Hall.

"And Harry is smart. One push and he'll figure it out" I said as we sat down on our table. She sighed and we continued our homework. The day went by quickly, we were at the library, Harry had figured the trick out with the egg.