Chapter 44 - The Detention

The day went by pretty quickly. I had not been paying attention in any of the classes. My mind was too distracted for that. I was sitting in the common room, when George approached me.

"Hey, love" he said sweetly.

"Hello" I said staring at the fire place.

"We heard what happened in the classroom" he said and I didn't respond. "You know, we are right here" he said placing a hand on my shoulder.

I turned to him and hugged him, "Thank you, Georgie" I said sobbing. "Its alright, love" he said stroking my hair.

"Ow" he said and I looked up from his chest. Fred had smacked him on the head.

"Why are you making my Liv cry?" he asked as he pulled me up.

"He's not making me cry Fred. I'm alright" I said wiping my tears.

"If you're alright, then help us sell some Weasley products" Fred said handing some of the products.

"Alright" I said and I went about in the common room to sell them. I returned to them in an hour with 100 galleons and a few sickles. I handed George the money and he looked at me, dumbfounded.

"How much did you sell?" he asked and I said, "All of it"

"WHAT?" Fred yelled and I turned around.

"Damn, you'd make a hell of a businesswoman" they said in unison and I giggled.

I went back to the trio, they looked like they were fighting about something. I came over to the couch, crossed my hands over my chest, cleared my throat and they all looked up.

"You have to tell her" Hermione said and Harry quickly drew his hand back.

"What are you hiding Harry?" I asked as Ron made some space for me to sit. I sat down and pulled Harry's hand to see marks, blood marks.

"Did Umbridge do this to you??" I asked and Hermione nodded.

"Harry, you have to tell Dumbledore" I said trying to think of a potion that would mend it.

"No, I'm not telling it to anyone. He's already got a lot on his plate. You don't understand" he said raising his voice a little.

"Then tell me" I said and he yelled, "Don't act like you care" and everybody stopped what they were doing and started staring at us. He stood up and went up his dorm. I was taken aback by his response. I sighed with tears in my eyes. I have been nothing but nice to you. I am not saying that he is lying, but there was no reason for him to behave with me like that.

"Hermione, I have the day free. I'll be at The Astronomy Tower if you need me" I said standing up. "What is the matter with you people?" I raised my voice a bit and they all went back to their work.

I ran out of the common room and headed to the Astronomy Tower. I was running, my vision was blurry, I wasn't paying any attention to where or how I was running and I bumped into someone.

"Ow!" I said and looked up.

"Chris!" I said standing up and quickly hugging him. He hugged me back and tried to pull away, but I didn't pull away. I had my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso.

"Ahem" someone cleared their throat behind us and Chris put me down and I turned around.

"Right, Miss Montgomery, isn't it?" Umbridge asked. How'd she know my real last name?

"Middleton, ma'am" I said politely correctly her.

"That's what you're calling yourself?" she asked giggling slightly. Argh! That giggle.