Chapter 50 - The Christmas Break

I was standing at the platform, waiting for everyone to give their bags to the helper.

"Alright, I still want you to come, Liv" Ron said placing his hands on my shoulder.

"I will, after we finish this year" I said as he hugged me and said in my ear, "Stay clear of the Squad"

"Will do, big bro" I said chuckling a little.

Fred and George hugged me as well, always together. Harry and I were still in that friends-after-breakup-awkward phase. So, I just nodded and he smiled and boarded the train.

Ginny hugged me and told that she'll write. Yeah, right she will. Hermione was the last one to hug me, she looked like she wanted to tell me something, so when everyone had boarded the train and it was only me and her and a couple more on the platform, she said, "If I find out, that you starved yourself, or aren't sleeping, I'm gonna flyback and kick your ass" and hugged me.

She whispered in my ear, "Oh, and stay clear of Malfoy" and stared behind at him, who was waving bye to Parkinson. *eyeroll*

"Or don't" she said and pulled away. "We're just friends" I said and she replied, "Sure, sure, whatever you say" dragging the words and boarded the train.

The train whistled and I was waving them smiling and all of them had their heads out of the train. 

Idiots.

When the train was out of sight, I sighed and turned around, only to face Draco. His face inches away from mine. I was startled.

"Draco!" I said with one hand on my chest, as I felt my heart beat rapidly.

"You startled me, and don't you dare sneak up on me like that" I said hitting his shoulder lightly.

He chuckled and said, "You're just easy to startle, darling" and I let out a deep breath.

"So, I thought you were gonna go for the holidays" he said as we headed back to the castle. Draco and I being the only 5th years staying back, with only a few students from the other years staying. Since, Umbridge had her insane rules, everyone wanted to leave Hogwarts, even if it was for a few days. Luckily, Umbridge wasn't staying at Hogwarts for Christmas.

"I changed my mind" I said casually as he pulled me towards the Black Lake.

"Why? You were very happy to spend Christmas with the Weasleys" he said as we sat down on the ledge of the Black Lake.

"Just" I said shrugging. He furrowed his eyebrows at me but let the topic slide.

He didn't need to know that Harry and I broke up. Yes, he was protective of me. No, let me correct myself, he was very protective of me, very. If he found out that Harry cheated on me, then definitely, Harry would've been done for.

"So, we are meeting today at the library?" he asked breaking minutes worth of silence between us. Draco and I, no matter what, always enjoyed the silence between us. It was strangely comforting for the both of us.

"No, I mean, we've covered what we would miss, if I went, so, I guess you can enjoy your time without me nagging at you" I said and he chuckled a little.

"No, no, I like spending time with you" he said and I looked at him.

"You do?" I asked so that I could hear what he said again.

"Yes, so we're meeting tonight after dinner" he said and I nodded.

We talked for a few more minutes and then sat there in silence again. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighed.

𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 & 𝙻𝚒𝚎𝚜 ||𝙳.𝙼 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें