Decisions decisions

There were a few missed calls and a message from my landlord. The following said "We have to discuss somehing, call me when you can". I felt nervous, but had to do it immediately, because I wouldn't be able to relax now. 
Ciao, Sky, - his voice didn't sound happy.
— Ciao, Emilio, what's up? - I asked nervously.
— I have some news, that will not be pleasant, - he started, - You remember my wife's injury a few weeks ago?
— I do, is she okay? 
— Well, yes, she's okay, but the doctors said she won't be able to work as much as she did before and... We're really tight on money now and it's not going to get better soon, so I need to increase the price of your rent... - I could hear it was hard for him to say that.
— Oh, I'm sorry... By how much? - I asked biting my lip.
— The total would be 950 euros, plus utilities.
— That's almost a double of what I am paying! - I gasped.
— Yes, I know, but we need money. If the price doesn't suit you, we have someone interested in buying the apartment.
— I- I lost my job recently, I have some savings, but I'm not sure I will be able to find a job soon enough to keep on living here, - my heart was pounding.
— The price will be changing from next month, so you have time to figure out if it suits you or not. I'll ask you to inform me about your decision to stay or move out in a month from now. I have to get back to the interested buyer by then.
— Yes, of course, - I answered.
— I really hope you will find another job, you were a good tenant - he said sadly.
— I hope so too, give my best wishes to your wife.

The call ended sweeping away all of my hopes that the things were getting better. I stared at the ceiling pondering why being an adult is so hard. I decided to escape reallity by falling asleep.

**************************** THREE WEEKS LATER ***************************

I sat at the glass table picking at the fabric of my dress while an incredibly well put together woman finished talking to the client.

— I'm sorry. So I see you have some experience in this industry. Can you tell me a little bit about your previous workplace and why your work relations ended rather quickly? - she put the phone down and asked me smiling. I prayed for her not to ask the second part, but fortune wasn't in my favor as always.
— Yes, I was working at "Codette e Coriandoli" as a junior event organiser. My main responsibilities were gathering the information from clients, arranging event details from music to the seating plan and making sure it runs smoothly. Our work relations ended after one of our major client's needs were not met and he decided to file a complaint. - I kept it brief, immediately realising it made me look bad.
— I see... Was the dissatisfaction your fault? - the woman raised her hand to the chin, looking interested.
— Well, our client had asked for a specific performer to entertain his guests. I worked really hard to get the performer to agree, but when the day of event came, he didn't show up. I tried to save the situation by inviting a less known performer, who was available, but our client wasn't happy with the quality of her performance.
— I think it is very commendable of you to handle the problem so quickly, - the woman said.
— Thank you, but that was my duty.
— From your resume I see that you have all the most important qualities we require, but I have to inform you that we can only offer a paid internship with a possibility to get promoted to a regular employee, - she smiled regretfully, - It means that we could only pay the minimal hourly wage.
— Oh, well, I was hoping for a full-time job... - I was disappointed.
— That's the only open place we have now, I'm sorry. I suggest you take some time to think about our offer, like I said, there is a big opportunity to get promoted to a full-time employee, a lot of my colleagues made their way up from this position.
— I will definitely consider it, thank you. When do I have to make a decision? - I asked, ready to mark it in my calendar.
— What do you say about friday, may 7? Is a week enough?
— Plenty. - I fake-smiled.
— Okay, then I will be looking forward for your call, you can call me sooner, if you decide. - she gave me a business card.
— I will, as soon as I make up my mind. - I said, desperately wanting to leave. I was surprised there weren't many questions asked and the whole interview felt so short to me.