Deja vu

— Stop, - he pulled away.
— What's wrong? - I was surprised.
— I can't believe that I'm saying this, but, - he gave me a short kiss, - We agreed to take things slow, so we should respect our rules.
— What happened to "let's make this evening an exeption"? - I smiled at him, but deep down I was so annoyed at myself for complicating things. His fingers caressed my cheek softly.
— You're making this hard for me, - he chuckled.

*THE NEXT DAY*

I finished unpacking my stuff and jumped on my bed. "Maneskin" went downstairs to the studio to review what they wrote so far and brainstorm a little. It was the perfect opportunity for me to finally call my friend. I felt my heart racing and my stomach turning once I pressed "call".

— Hello? - it was unusual to hear Saf answering the phone like a normal person.
— Hey, Saf! 
— Who am I talking to?
— Don't play me, girl, I'm sorry.
— You better be! I thought you died or something! - now that's more like my best friend. I laughed.
— Do you think you could get a few days off work to come and visit me? - I asked, knowing this suggestion will make her forget all my wrongdoings.
— O-M-G, of course I can! When?
— I'll have to call my manager to see when, but I'll text you as soon as I know, okay?
— Yeah. So how have you been? Happy with the job?
— Very happy, - I smiled, - I sometimes forget I'm here for work, not for vacation, - It was true, ever since I started working, I mostly spent time partying or camping with band members.
— I'm glad to hear that.
— Better tell me how things are going with your lover. Lorenzo, is it?
— Yeah. I don't know, it's kind of complicated now. We're still seeing each other, but our schedules got busy so it's hard to find time.
— It will pass. - I shruged.
— What about you? Do you go out there? Have you met anybody? - Oh, Saf, if only you'd know...
— I mostly stay home, I don't know the city that well so...
— You'll go insane between the walls! How long has it been? A month?!
— Yeah.
— I'm glad I'm coming, you need someone to push you out of your comfort zone. 
— I know, I know. Wait until you see the house, I bet I will have to be the one pushing you to go out, - I chuckled.
— We'll see about that! - she laughed too, - Ugh, Antonia's coming my way and I think she's on her period, so I better hang up before a disaster happens, text me the date, okay?
— Okay, love you!
— Love you, bye.

I smiled looking at the phone. I miss her so much. As much as I wanted to just lay and relax, I had lots of cleaning up to do, so I gathered all my strength to get up and go downstairs. I started with putting things back to their intended places. We left the house in a rush, so it was kinda messy. Once everything was back in the place, I took a wet cloth and started wiping the dust of every possible surface. I hated this part, because the house was big and had lots of shelving, that collected dust like crazy. I fixed the pillows on the couch, emptied the ashtrays and opened windows to let some fresh air in, then I got up on the second floor and cleaned everything as well. 

Doorbell rang unexpectedly and I went to open the door. 
— Hey! - she hugged me.
— Hi! I didn't expect to see you today, - I returned the hug smiling.
— Yeah, I wasn't planning to stop by but some things came up and I have to talk to the band. Where are they?
— They're down at the studio now, - I motioned towards the stairs.
— Oh, nice. How are you? Feeling better? - she smiled.
— Yes, of course, a lot of time passed, I'm perfectly fine now.
— I'm very happy to hear that!
— I've been meaning to talk to you, if you have a minute, - I said.
— Is it urgent? - she got a folder out of her bag.
— Not really.
— Then maybe we could talk after I go over some business with the band? I want do do it as soon as possible, so I don't forget to mention any important details, - she chukled.
— Of course, no problem, - I smiled. She went down to the studio and I finished mopping the floors.

They all came up after a good half an hour. I smiled at Thomas, who made funny faces behind Ethan's back. 
— So what did you want to talk about? - Isla came up to me.
— I wanted to ask you if it would be possible for me to invite my friend to stay for a couple of days since the band is leaving, - I said nervously.
— The same one that abandoned you at the club? - Vic shouted from the kitchen.
— Yeah, - I laughed. Isla smiled too.
— I think it wouldn't be a problem. Guys are leaving today and not coming back until friday at least, so you have a whole week to do that.
— Awesome, thank you! - I was so happy to hear that.
— Just try to keep the house clean and don't break anything, - she winked at me.
— Of course, - I nodded.
— Okay, guys, I'm heading out now. Pack your stuff, the driver will be there in an hour! - Isla announced before running out the door.
— I wouldn't want to be a manager after all, - I thought out loud, making Ethan chuckle.

I ran back and forth between their rooms helping to gather everything they would need. Good thing they didn't unpack their luggage after our trip to the lake, so everything was ready early and we had some time to hangout.

— Where are you going now? - I asked, realising I didn't even know.
— Today we're flying to Rome, - Thomas said, unlocking his phone.
— Oh wow... - the memories of my favorite city came up.
— Yeah, Isla got us a deal for a short live concert there, so we don't have much time to prepare, - Vic smiled.
— Is it going to be "live" live, or broadcasted? - I looked at her.
— Broadcasted, but I don't remember on what platform, - she shrugged.
— Instagram, - Ethan brushed his hair out of the face.
— Are you nervous? - I asked everybody.
— It would be concerning if we weren't, right? - Damiano smiled and looked up at his band members, that nodded agreeing.
— Driver's here, - Vic peeked through the window. 

They gathered their stuff and loaded it in the back of the car. Vic was done first, so she came up to me, wrapping her arms around me.
— See you soon, - she kissed me on the cheek and went to sit in a car.
— See you, - I responded. Thomas hugged me too, saying goodbye. Then it was time for Ethan. 
— I'll miss our dinners and strolls, - he smiled, looking at me.
— Then don't take long to come back, - I smiled and he hugged me tightly, lifting me up.
— Don't suffocate me! - I squeeked and he laughed. He joined others in the car waving at me.
— Give me your phone, - Damiano said, reaching his hand out.
— Why? - I asked,
— Give meeee, - he jumped up and down. I laughed and obeyed. He typed something in it.
— Now you have my number, - he said, giving my phone back, - Text me if your friend will be there on tuesday.
— Why? - I lifted an eyebrow.
— I have something in my mind that will make her accept your apology for hiding us, - he smiled.
— I'm not sure I trust you, - I laughed.
— You don't have to, if you don't want, - he smiled and hugged me.
— I'll miss you, - I said, my face burried in his chest.
— I'll miss you more, - he said, planting a kiss on the top of my head.

I watched them drive off, waving like a grandma. Once their car disappeared, I went back into the house. It was so quiet and empty, I wanted to cry. My steps ehoed through the rooms as I locked every door and window there was. When I was done, I turned on the TV and made myself comfortable on the sofa. I felt deja vu doing that, as I remembered the day I arrived here. I think it was the only evening I was completely alone there. Too bad there will be no hot intruder coming in the middle of the night...

**************************************************
AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey! How are you all doing? Do you have any suggestions or wishes for this story?
I'm just reminding you that I accept your opinion and suggestions here in the comments or privately! 

A huge thank you to my lovely  - Sanya 99112, sehnsuchtstrunken, idkyall1, -LesbianJesus, marauders0avengers, stillshifting, hanasubotic, MagicAnimagus and many more for the love and support!

You motivate me!

Love you all! 
xoxo, Angelisation