Crowds

I rolled to the side to watch Damiano sleep. A smile immediately formed on my face as I remembered things he did to me last night. He's a lion at night, but right now, he's sleeping like a kitten. He opened one eye and smiled.
— Come here, - he pulled me closer and wrapped his hands around me, his eyes closed again.
— Are you going back to sleep? - I asked.
— Mmm... maybe for a little bit, - he grunted. I smiled and let myself sink into him.
We layed like that for a while, but I couldn't go back to sleep, so I took my phone.
— Damn it, - I rolled my eyes, because it was dead and I forgot to charge it.
— What's wrong? - Damiano asked, streching his arms.
— Forgot to charge my phone, - I answered, reaching to plug in the charger.
— It might act up a little, - he chuckled.
— What do you mean?
— Well, I dropped a pretty big bomb last night, - he looked at me like I should already know what was in his mind.
— Yeah, but what does it have to do with my phone?
— Wow, - he chuckled and kissed my forehead, - You're probably getting bombarded with notifications, calls, messages and everything.
I looked at him in horror.
— My phone didn't turn on properly for at least a few hours after we won Eurovision, - he took a sip of water casually.
— Oh my god... - I whined and sat up.
— It's going to pass, don't worry. And we can check your social media on my laptop, maybe that would ease things for your phone a little.
— I've just realised that that my family is probably going to find out about us now... - I stared blankly at the wall.
— Is that a problem? I'm sorry I didn't warn you, I just got agitated with the whole "keeping our relationship out of the public eye" thing and I wanted everyone to know I'm taken by you.
— It's not a problem, - I smiled a little, - I just don't know how they'll react to the fact I was keeping you a secret.
— I hope they won't be disappointed...
— What are you talking about? - I looked at him angrily, - You could never disappoint, as soon as they see how you treat me, they're going to be inlove.
We chatted a little longer until it was time to get up.

Like a clock, Giuseppe knocked on our door at 11 AM.
— Heyyyyy! - he came in with a little dance as soon as I opened the door, - How are you two doing?
— Better than ever, Sky's afraid to check her phone,- Damiano laughed from the bathroom.
— And you, mister, have some explaining to do, - I crossed my arms pretending to be angry.
— Me? Why? - Giuseppe seemed a little lost.
— It's not the first time you work with them in secret, - I motioned to Damiano, - Why didn't you tell me what was going to happen when we came to the backstage? I would have prepared myself!
— Or you would have freaked out and ran away, - he came back at me sassy.
— Sounds like Sky to me, - Damiano chuckled.
— He he he - I mocked their laugh.
— Anyway, I came here to tell you that you have about... - Giuseppe looked at his watch, - Half an hour to get ready, we're leaving to get brunch and then you have an interview.
— Is Isla still mad? - Damiano asked, smiling.
— No, but she's busy.
— Okay, we'll be ready, - I nodded.
You, bella ragazza, should hurry up, because hair and makeup is waiting for you, - Giuseppe pointed at me, before leaving, - Come to my room when you're dressed!

I asked Damiano what he was going to wear and matchet my outfit. I didn't understand why I had to go in for hair and makeup, when all they did was give me a blowout and do a quite natural look. 
— They made it so you photograph better, - Vic whispered to me, when I was checking myself in the mirror.
— Oh wow, thanks, - I chuckled at her comment.
— Nooo, I mean they add some special powder or something so your face doesn't look white with the flash, - she laughed.
We gathered in the hallway, where Isla quickly told everyone their schedules. We were surrounded by bodyguards and it made me feel nervous.
— There's probably going to be a huge crowd outside, after last night's stunt, - she looked at Damiano, - So try to be quick, head straight to the car, as little interaction, as possible. Take care of Sky, don't leave her alone.
Everybody nodded and I felt even more nervous than before. Maybe I should have checked my phone before this...

We walked accross the hotel lobby and through the glass doors I could see an enormous amount of people. My heart started pounding as we stopped right before stepping outside. A couple of bodyguards already took place waiting for us outside. Vic and Thomas stepped out first. The crowd started cheering s they waved for them before getting in.
— Don't worry, - Damiano smiled at me and took my hand, - I was waiting so long to be able to do this.
I took a deep breath and we stepped out into the light. The screams were deafening, everybody tried to touch us, to get us to at least look at them. Damiano smiled widely, sending air kisses. We got inside the car and I sighed.
— Wasn't that bad, huh? - Vic squeezed my hand supportively.
— It's crazy, - I smiled, - I couldn't understand if they like me or hate me.
— Probably both, - Thomas laughed.
— Of course they're going to love you, - Ethan got inside and closed the door.
— What would I do without you guys... - I smiled, looking out the window.
— You'd probably live a calm and normal life, - Thomas laughed and we all joined.

People were following us everywhere we went. It was to be expected, but I still got an adrenaline rush everytime we had to get into or out of the car. After brunch we had a little tour of most famous places in London. We got stopped many times for pictures, but one interaction stood out to me the most. Two teenage girls stopped Damiano by the Big Ben and asked for a picture. I smiled and stepped aside.
— No, no, you too! - They motioned me to come back.
I laughed and joined Damiano, who was smiling from ear to ear.
— See? - he whispered to me, while we were getting ready.
Being able to stand beside him made me feel powerful. Those girls didn't even know how touching their action was. Only then I finally realised what yesterday meant for us. I am no longer a shadow, I am his partner and I goddamn love it.

I looked at Damiano as he calmly navigated us among the crowds, how he interacted with his fans and how supportive he was to me. We were in a metro station, among the huge crowd, waiting to get in. Despite our bodyguards trying to keep people away from us, there were a lot of eyes digging into every inch of our bodies. And among all the noise and movement, all I could see was him. Calmness in his eyes, he knew he was at home and all these people were his family. I wonder if this family will accept me.

 I wonder if this family will accept me