Playing with fire

I felt nervous since the morning, when Isla called me to confirm Ethan and Thomas were definitely coming to the house this afternoon. Damiano somehow sensed it even though I tried to act completely unfazed. He made fun of me a little, but also was very sweet, telling me there was nothing to worry about. I busied myself with cleaning, because it helped me relax a little. I dusted everything off, mopped the floors and opened a window in Thomas' bedroom. Damiano stayed out of my way for the most time, just casually shooting me a joke or commenting on my work. He sat outside in a shade, reading a book. I know it's stupid to associate books with wisdom, but the view of him peacefully reading added fuel to already burning fire inside of me.

Once I polished the last possible corner of the house, I came outside to breathe a little.
— I still don't get you, - Damiano looked up at me from his book, - You've met them before.
Yeah, I did, but I don't remember anything other than them completely ignoring me outside of the club. I obviously didn't tell Damiano how it ofended me.
— I feel like I didn't, because I can't remember! - I said this phrase five times today.
— They should be heading here now, - he grined.
— I think I forgot to check if there's plenty of toilet paper in their bathrooms! - I jumped from my seat. Damiano just shook his head smiling and said something in italian while I ran inside. My behaviour weirded me out a little too. I tried to find a reason why I felt the need to get them to like me, but my efforts were fruitless. 

The doorbell ringed and my heart started beating faster. I made my way to the front door, hoping they wouldn't go for a handshake, because my palms were already sweaty.
— Sky! - Thomas hugged me friendly. Okay, that was unexpected.
— H-hi! - I returned the hug.
— Hello, - there was only a little polite smile on Ethan's face.
— Hi, - I smiled back, questioning if he had something against me or if it was just his personality. They had a few bags, so I helped taking some to their rooms. 

I always thought Thomas was more shy than he actually was. It would be hundred times more awkward if it wasn't for him being so friendly. Ethan was more focused on getting settled in his room than getting to know me, which was fine, it wasn't mandatory for him to befriend me. I'm here to work after all. Damiano was nowhere to be seen and that annoyed me, because he knew I would be so much more comfortable if he didn't leave me alone to handle his friends. 

Thomas changed into a black t-shirt and came down to the livingroom where I was. Damiano decided to show up too. He smiled at me mockingly while I was in a conversation with Thomas. 
— I was so nervous before meeting you, - I awkwardly said, before Damiano had a chance to expose me.
— Why? - Thomas smiled.
— I don't know, I can't explain... Maybe beause I don't remember meeting you at the club back then, - I responded blushing.
— Well, we do have our moodswings, - he gestured towards Ethan, who just came in the room too, - But we don't bite, it's okay.
— I know, I'm fine now, - I smiled.

We got to know a little, I told them about my first day here and my encounter with Damiano, which all three of them found funny. I didn't care that it was a little embarassing, I finally got Ethan to smile at something I said and that paid the price. Isla called me again and offered to come help me, but Damiano gestured for me to decline that and I did, although her help would come in handy. I left the guys to give them some privacy and went to my room. I put away some clothes, that I previously wore and threw back into closet messilly, then got in the bed and scrolled through social media. 

I must have fallen asleep as my ringtone made me jump. 
— Hello? - I answered not even knowing who was calling me.
— Hey, Sky, - it was Vic, - I just want to ask you if there's still some parmigiano left from yesterday?
— Uhm.. I think there is, I can go look, - I said, getting out of my bed.
— Oh, that's not necessary! 
— Are you coming here too? - I asked.
— Oh, yeah, guys decided to have a little get to know you party! - she giggled. I instantly awoke from my sleep. 
— What?! - I vocalized my thoughts.
— It will be soooo fun! What kind of alcohol do you like? Do you drink cocktails or something stronger? 
— I shouldn't be drinking at work.. - I tried to avoid the situation.
— Well, "nothing" is not an option, today is your free day, - she pressed me.
— Pick whatever you like and we'll see, - I yawned.
— Okay! Is there anything you can't eat? Any allergies or preferences?
— I'm not a big fan of meat, but everything else is fine, - I said.