Dress up

A few days passed, but none without me worrying that the good times will end inevitably. Doesn't matter that Damiano reassured me multiple times,  I still lived in paranoia that something would happen. They were getting ready to leave for the tour and I was invited to join, but I couldn't shake the bad feeling. 
— Did you maybe change your mind? - Damiano asked me while we were having dinner.
— I don't know, you're leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to prepare even if I did, - I played with a fork.
— We both know that you would, - he smiled slightly, - Baby, I would really love it if you were there with me.
— Don't do that, - I rolled my eyes, smiling.
— What?
— Don't make me feel guilty for not going, - I chuckled.
— I'm not, I just want you to know how much it would mean to me...
— Okay, okay I'll go! - I put my hands in the air.
— For real? - he looked like a kid that saw a candy.
— Yes, if that means I will finally get my peace, - I acted annoyed.
— In all seriousness, babe, you don't have to do it if you don't want to, I was just playing.
— Relax, I want to, just promise you'll help me pack after we finish eating.
— Of course! - I could see how happy he was.

I didn't bring many clothes coming here so packing took very little time. The true challenge was informing Giuseppe that I decided to come. Both me and Damiano knew that a sudden last minute changes make that guy livid. We sat on my bed, both looking at the phone and procrastinating the call. I took a deep breath and dialed his number.
— Oh hello, mia bella ragazza, such a surprise hearing from you! - he picked up the phone sounding very happy.
— Long time no see, huh? - I chuckled.
Certamente! So, to what do I owe the pleasure?
— Uhm... So I know you're going to be mad, but I kind of decided to join the band on tour... - I almost whispered, biting my lip.
— Ah, you people are going to kill me... - he sighed, - Okay, what are you doing in... 15 minutes?
— Uhh, nothing, - I was confused by that question.
— Very good. Have someone take you to my apartment. Preferably Damiano, because I need to check on one of his outfits. Va bene?
— Y-yes, okay, - I nodded.
— Very well, see you soon then! - he ended the call.
— What did he say? - Damiano looked at me smiling.
— He wants us both to come to his apartment in 15 minutes.
— Okay, that's like 20 minutes of driving, - Damiano looked at the time, - We should hurry.

Without hesitation we jumped into Damiano's car and hit the road. The traffic wasn't too bad, so we were only a couple of minutes late. I was so happy when I found out Giuseppe was going to work with them for the entire tour. Although it's been a long while since we last spent time together, I still vividly remembered how much fun that guy was. Also, how can you forget his spiderman climb into my balcony? Just as I imagined, he lived in a modern part of the city. We parked by a shiny glass building.
— He shouldn't bite our heads off just yet, - Damiano smiled, looking at the time, - Let's go.
I chuckled and got out of the car. Damiano took my hand and I followed him in. Our footsteps echoed through the hall until we stopped in front of the elevator. 
— We're not in a museum, you know,- Damiano chuckled, watching me look around.
— Oh really? - I acted surprised.

When we entered Giuseppe's apartment it also looked just as I pictured. It was an industrial luxurious loft. The style of furniture gave very masculine vibes, but the attention to little details made it recognisable that some sort of a stylist definitely lives there. We went inside but Giusepe was nowhere to be found. 
— He's probably upstairs, let's go, - Damiano waved for me. 
— You're right, hon, - Giuseppe chuckled, decending down the stairs. Black silk pants fluttered on his legs from the fast movement. He was such an interesting person, you could watch him for hours and it wouldn't bore you. 
— I don't appreciate you being late, but I'm glad to see you, - he hugged Damiano and turned to me, - Bellisima!
— Hi! - I hugged him and was caught off guard when he kissed me in true Italian way.
— I would offer you something to drink, but we have to tackle the work first. Damiano, be a sweetie and find my assistant in the fitting room. I need you to try on one of the jackets to see if my adjustments made it fit better, okay?
— Of course, - Damiano winked at me and left.
— Now what do we do with you... - Giuseppe stared at me and I started feeling anxious.
— I just need something to borrow because I didn't bring many clothes here, but I really don't think you should worry that much, it's not that I'm going to be seen in public with them, - I broke the silence. Giuseppe bursted out laughing.
— Aww, amore, I love your delusions! - he said, wiping away a tear, - I think both of us know that there will be a lot of public appearances while on tour and you won't be kept in the bus through all of them.
— What do you mean? - I was a little surprised and confused.
— Umm, well, now that Damiano is officially divorced, there is nothing that can keep you apart. The tour will be very special for you because it wil be your debut as a couple!
— W-what? - I sat down on the couch, suddenly feeling overwhelmed, - I didn't think about that at all, oh my god, I'm not ready!
— I'm sure you will be fine, don't panic. You have a wonderful man by your side, I'm sure he will make sure that your first time goes smoothly, - he wiggled his eyebrows and I slapped his shoulder laughing.

I managed to push the nerves to the side and followed Giuseppe into his enormously big closet. He had a lot of different style clothes in various sizes.
— Is this a closet or a personal clothing store? - I asked, looking around.
— Ha! You could say that! - he chuckled, - I just collect loads of stuff from various events and struggle to get rid of them because in situations like you've just put me into, it comes in handy.
He made me stand on a platform that was in the middle of the room, while he sorted through the racks of clothing. I lost the count of outfits I had to try on. 
— Who knew that getting styled takes so much energy off you... - I sighed, looking at Damiano, who stood in the doorway, admiring the process.
— Now you can't say my job is easy, - he smiled at me.
— I never said that!
— I know, but I get it a lot from other people.
— Okay I think we only need one more outfit, something glamurous for a fancy dinner or so and we'll be done, - Giuseppe smiled, looking at what we had already picked out,- I have something in mind, come here, Sky!

I carefully steped down from the platform and followed Giuseppe around the corner. There he dug through even more racks and finally pulled out a light deep v-neck evening gown.
— It's gorgeous, but I'm not sure if I will fit in it, - I caressed the garment.
— Excuse me? - He looked ofended - Clothes are supposed to fit YOU, not the other way around. Besides, you look like a model, so shut your pretty mouth and try it on.
Giuseppe helped me get in and it turned out the dress fit me perfectly. 
— Let's show your man, - he smiled, adoring the outcome. I nodded smiling and we went back to the room where Damiano was still waiting. I stepped on the platform and turned to the full length mirror, to see myself. I almost teared up when I got to see it properly. I caressed the light, soft feathers, that cascaded down the skirt. It made me look light and sophisticated. I turned at Damiano and saw his eyes eating me up. The way he looked at me made me shiver. 

We spent a lot of time there, so once Giuseppe felt good about my outfits we said goodbye and rushed home to get as much sleep as it was possible before leaving. Damiano was oddly silent the entire ride.
— What's wrong? - I asked when we stopped in front of our house. He looked at me and took my hand.
— I just... - he paused and his tone scared me.