Endless road

— Okay, I first I thought traveling by bus was an exciting idea, but right now I would do anything to sleep in a normal bed, - I yawned in the morning. 
— Yeah, it's not a five star hotel here, but you gotta love the fact that you're waking up in france! - Vic opened the curtain, that revealed a very mediocre view of a parking lot.
— Riiiight! I think I can see an Eiffel tower right there! - I said sarcastically, pointing at an electricity pole.
— Oh come on, don't be grumpy, honey, - Damiano chuckled and pulled me into his arms, - We can go get a true french breakfast! Would that make you feel happier?
— Food is always a good idea, - I said, my face buried in his soft sweatshirt.
— Yeah, there's this cute bakery a few kilometers away, I'll tell Marco to take us there, - Vic nodded and went to the front of the bus. Soon we started moving.
— I guess I should go get ready, but I just can't bring myself to do it, - I burried my face in my hands.
— Oh, no need, we'll go as we are, - Thomas waved.
— Umm... No offense, but are you sure it's okay for us to go out dressed as... homeless people? - I looked at him sceptically.
— If we want to eat unbothered, it's better to look homeless than put one of Giuseppe's outfits on, - Ethan chuckled.
— Yeah, we'll just blend with the crowd, - Damiano agreed. 
— Okay, - I shruged.

The bakery smelled wnderfully and the french vibe really got to me once we ate there. After everyone was finished, we headed back to the bus, which was parked a little farther away to avoid attracting too much attention. There was still a long road ahead of us as we needed to get to London tonight. 

*THOMAS' POV*

Everyone seemed pretty occupied doing their own thing, so I walked to the back of the bus and called Saffron. I realised it was risky doing it with Sky being just a few meters away, but we hit a pretty bumpy road and I hoped all the noise will give me the privacy I needed.
— Heyy, baby! I didn't expect to hear from you! - she picked up, cheerful as always.
— Hey, I just missed you so much, - I smiled, looking around.
— Aw, I miss you too! Tell me, how is it so far?
— It's... okay, not the most comfortable beds, but I mean, it's the best you can get on the road, - I shruged, - We ate breakfast at this french bakery about an hour ago, it really made me think how excited you would be if we got to share the experience together...
— Hey, don't be sad, you know I will get upset too.
— Yes, yes, sorry. What have you been up to?
— Oh, nothing special, I had the best salmon ever for dinner yesterday... Really satisfying meal, - she chuckled, - And now I'm in the office, my boss is absent today, so I can enjoy talking to you without worrying about possibly getting lectured afterwards.
— That sounds awesome, - I chuckled too.
— Yeah, how's everybody else? How's Sky? - she asked, and my smile disappeared.
— Umm, pretty much same as me, everybody had a rough night, but Sky was especially grumpy this morning, - I said, looking over my shoulder to check if no one heard me, - You know, I think you were right about taking some more time before telling her about us.
— Why? Did she say something? - she asked and I immediately regreted speaking up about it.
— Uh, no, I just had some time to think about it...
— I'm not buying that, tell me, Thomas, - she knew my tone wasn't right.
— Nothing slips past you, huh? - I sighed, - Fine, yesterday we were chillin' and she asked me why I was upset. I couldn't make my way out of it-
— Yeah, you're a bad liar, - she cut me off.
— Anyway, then she started teasing me asking if it's about a girl and I got caught off guard by that. I had to tell her that there is a girl involved, but I said we're keeping things private for now and of course she had to bring up you...
— Aaaand? - she got impatient.
— And then she was like "Imagined if her secret boyfriend turned out to be you!", - I got a little too loud, but no one noticed.
— No way! - she started laughing.
— It's not funny, Saf! I got really startled by that, so I asked her how would she react to that and she said it would be weird...
— Don't worry, honey, I know when the time is right she will be happy for us.
— I know, I know, I just got scared about it all for the first time.

*SKY'S POV*

I was so happy when the driver announced that we will be pulling into our hotel's parking lot in a few minutes. Not even trying to learn playing chess with Ethan helped the time pass faster and we both were super invested. Everybody was exhausted until the bus stoped. I've never seen such an energy outburst in people before. Everyone, including me grabbed their bags and went straight into the lobby where Isla greeted us along with few bodyguards. It took a while for everyone to sort out the sleeping situation, but when we finally got excused, we wasted no time to get into the suites. 

Damiano unlocked our room and I didn't even care to look around, I jumped straight into bed and groaned from how comfortable it was.
— I've never seen you like this before, - he laughed, sitting on the edge of the bed.
— Well, apparently I need a lot of comfort, - I responded, my eyes closed.
— I hope you're not regreting your decision to come?
— I won't lie that I'm not mortified about the fact that there will be A LOT more traveling like this, but no, I'm glad to be here.
— Oh, thank god, - he sighed, smiling, - I'm really happy to be able to have you here with me, baby, - he leaned over and kissed me. Despite all the soreness of last night, his kiss made my desire for him wake up. I wrapped my hands around his neck and pulled him on top of me. Just as his hands were about to open my zipper, we heard a knock on the door.
— Don't open it, - I whispered smiling. I saw he was concidering it, but then we heard Isla's voice outside and that was the one person he couldn't ever ignore.

I fixed my clothes and hair while he went to let her in. 
— I'm sorry to barge in, but we still have some things to discuss about tomorrow, - she said, taking a seat on the couch.
— Oh, yes, I actually wanted to discuss with you how we're going to introduce Sky to public tomorrow, - Damiano smiled and looked back at me.
— What?! No! - I got scared and moved closer to them.
— I'm afraid we can't do this, Damiano, - Isla shook her head apologetically and I didn't care about the reasons, I was happy she was on my side.
— Yeah! See?  - I added, trying to contain my sudden shock.
— I don't get it, why? - Damiano seemed to be annoyed.
— It's just that you've recently ended your marriage and we should use the fact that you're single to the band's advantage.
— But I'm not single, - he shot back.
— You are to the public eye. Look, there has been an increase of interest in your band ever since the divorce was made public. It would be best to wait until that wave passes before announcing a new relationship, - I saw how Isla was fed up with explaining these things to him. It was a little bit upsetting to think that even though I wasn't some kind of a mistress now, we still needed to be secretive, but on the other hand, even a thought of millions of people around the world knowing who I am made me feel sick.