Unexpected guest

— I'm the worst friend, - I burried my face in my hands.
— You are, - she emptied her glass of wine, - You're lucky I'm the best and I'm going to forgive you, because it's the first time something like this ever happened.
— Oh, Saf, I'm sorry, - I finally felt the relief and the tears started streaming down my face.
— Hey, don't cry! - she went in for a hug, - But really, we used to tell each other everything, I can understand your fear, I can sometimes lose myself in excitement, but I would never do anything that would get you in trouble, sis! - she said, stroking my back.
— I know, it just was so overwhelming I didn't know what was right or wrong at that point.
— It's okay, let's not go back there. So is there anything else I need to know? - she smiled at me.
— Well... - I smiled, wiping my face, - I kind of kissed Damiano... More than once.
SHUT UP!!! - she was visibly shocked and I can't blame her.

I told her everything about that wonderful kiss during the party, about our trip to the cities, surrounding lake Como and most importantly about our little drama that resulted in Damiano opening up about his feelings.
— Girl, are you alright? Are you well? - she looked at me in disbelief, - Fu*king sex god is admitting he's inlove with you and you friendzone him?!
— He's not inlove with me, he just has feelings... - I corrected her, smiling.
— I don't care about correct wording now. What's wrong with you? - she chuckled.
— Believe me, I wanted to jump in his arms the second he said it, but it's serious. I don't know how that would work out... I mean, he's a celebrity. I already whitnessed him being surrounded by fans,  they adore him. So many people adore him... Can you imagine what would happen if he announced we're together?
— They would want to destroy you, - she smiled.
— It's not funny! - I replied, - And let's say that doesn't happen, I'm still hurt after he disappeared for two weeks like I was nothing. How can I know that won't happen again? I barely know him, it's never a good idea to rush into a relationship without building a strong friendship first.
— I mean... - Saffron rolled her eyes a little, reminding me about her and Lorenzo's relationship that started almost the same day they met.
— It's a different situation! There's a lot more at stake... And besides, I don't want to complicate things with the rest of the band, - I said, thinking about Ethan and my feelings towards him.

I didn't explore that area yet, because Damiano knew damn well how to occupy my mind, but... For some reason I think that my relationship with Damiano bothers Ethan a little bit. I can understand, it's a little awkward. It's like somebody else would claim your best friend as theirs. I love spending time with Ethan, how caring and funny he is. That's a strong reason for me to take things slow with Damiano. I don't want any bad emotions between them, I want to keep our friendship, because it's one of the best things I got out of this job. He was there for me when I needed it the most and that's a quality you rarely find these days.

— Do you think I would be able to meet them some day? - Saf smiled excitedly.
— I can't promise, but I think it's inevitable, - I smiled back at her.
— Imagine, you would get with Damiano and I would snatch Ethan or Thomas.... Or even Victoria, - she bit her lip, looking at the TV, where "Maneskin" played their last song. I missed the whole concert because ofthe drama...
— What about Lorenzo? - I chukled.
— Who? - she played, laughing too.
I was so happy that she finally knew everything. Now I had someone to share my feelings and thoughts with again. I kept on bottling all of it up, and it was about time for me to release the pressure. 

My phone started vibrating. I took it and was surprised to se Damiano's name on it. Weirdly, I felt nervous to talk to him on the phone.
— Who's calling? - Saf smiled, seeing my reaction. I showed her my phone and she motioned me to go and pick up.

— Hello? - I answered.
Ciao, bella! - his voice sounded even hotter, - Did you watch our show?
— I saw the beggining, but then you made a comment about me and Saf and we spent the rest of it talking about my situation, - I replied.
— How was it? Is she mad?
— No, we worked it out, - I smiled, - How are you all? Tired?
— Nah, it was fun. We're changing now and then I'll visit my parents.
— You looked hot on stage.
— Aaw, thanks, I'm blushingg! - he responded playfully.
— I meant all of you, - I teased.
— Oh yeah? - he chuckled, - Well, have fun with your friend, how long is she staying?
— A couple of days, - I said.
— Ah, so we probably won't get a chance to eet her then, - he sighed.
— Do you actually want to? - I was sceptical.
— Of course, "Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who are you" or what is the saying? 
— Well, I think you'll get a chance sometime, - I responded.
— Okay, all of us are sending best wishes to both of you and now I have to go get ready before Vic kills me, - he chuckled as I heard someone's voice in the background.
— Okay, have fun! 
Ciao, bella! 
Ciao, - I laughed.

There still was plenty of day left so we sat on the couch figuring out our plans for the day. Saf was a little tired after her flight, but the weather was great for exploring the city, so we booked a 6 hour tour of the city.
— That time frame is starting to scare me, - she laughed, while we were driving to the location.
— I hope your shoes are comfortable enough, - I looked at her platforms.
— You would be surprised how comfortable they actually are.
— Okay then, - I shruged and looked out the window.
Our tour guide was a petite, curly haired woman. Her voice was so loud, you could hear her miles away.
— I can't imagine a job more suitable for her, - Saf whispered to me and we laughed. We went to many places, but the most impressive was Duomo di Milano. The little detailed stained glass pictures on it's windows glowed in the sun, casting rainbows on the ground. We too some pictures at the arch of peace and headed for Leonardo da Vinci's vineyards. I was surprised at the beauty of Milan. I don't know if anything would ever beat the beauty of lake Como, but Milan definitely was a strong rival for Rome, although that city will forever be special to me.

6 hours of walking definitely took a toll on us as we were silent the whole ride home. The driver smiled at us in the rear view window, seeing our exhaustion. Just when we entered the house, Saf kicked off her shoes.
— I'm never wearing this again!
— Told you, - I chuckled. We went to the back porch and sat on the lounge chairs, sipping cold "Sanpellegrino".

My mind wandered to Damiano as I looked at the pool and remembered how he saved me from falling in the first night. I felt happier now that Saffron was here, but for a first time in my life she couldn't fill the void inside of me completely. Now there were four other people, that had their special little place there and I couldn't enjoy my day completely without them there. I chucled a little.
— What is it? - Saf turned to me.
— I just tried to imagine how would you and Vic get along, -- I smiled.
— What is she like? - she asked smiling.
— She's even more crazy than you. A wild and free spirit, but really organised as well. Not in terms of her belongings, - I added, remembering her clothes scattered all around our tent.
— Then we'll be besties! 
— Hey! - I was offended.
— Don't worry, I wouldn't change you for anybody, even a celebrity, - she chuckled, - What about others?
— Thomas is super friendly. He likes to dance a lot, - I laughed, - You would think he would be quiet, but it's far from the truth. He always teases Ethan about something until he gets enough and starts chasing him, - I smiled and Saf seemed really interested.
— Ethan is very sweet and caring. We used to cook dinner together every evening. When we were at the lake I stepped on a pinecone and the tiniest drop of blood was enough for him to blow everything out of proportion, so he carried me back to the camp, - I laughed remembering it.
— Aww, that's really cute.
— And Damiano... Damiano is a mystery to me. His personality shifts so much that I get lost sometimes. He can be incredibly seductive and intimidating, but also gentle and caring. He's not afraid to show his soft side, but it contrasts so much with his usual behavior... 
— I can't wait to meet them someday, - she took a sip of her drink.

We relaxed for a while, until a doorbel rang. I jumped, trying to remember if a gardener or a pool cleaner had to come today, but none of that made sense. I wasn't expecting anyone. I made my way to the door and Saf followed me. A petite, foxy brunette was looking back at me from the peephole.
— Hello, - I opened the door.
— Hi, can you call Damiano, please? - she smiled at me.
— Who are you? - I asked, suspicious.
— It doesn't concern you, - she said.
— It does, if you don't want me to report you to the security, - I relpied, annoyed at her tone.
— Just call Damiano.
— I don't know what you're talking about, - I played dumb.
— Damiano David. I know this house belongs to them, now cut it, - she seemed angry.
— Look, lady, I don't know what you want from me, but I can't help you, -I was going to shut the door, but she stopped me.
I'm his wife.
— Okaay, - I chuckled, - Well, Damiano's not here, so you can call your "husband" and figure out where he's at.
— He won't pick up. Look, I'm tired of chasing him, so just give this to him when he's back, - she pulled a paper packet out of her bag. I looked at it, wondering what I should do.
— It's not a bomb, jesus, - she said, seeing my lack of enthusiasm.
— I'll see, - I took the packet and she was happy. 

I closed the door and looked at Saf. Her face expression concerned me.
— What's wrong? - I asked.
— Sky, wasn't that Giorgia Soleri?