Childhood home

I froze just watching them bantering. I don't know why it was such a big deal for me, but I wanted to leave a good impression on his family and the fact that he didn't warn me his brother would be picking us up made me feel annoyed. 
— Jacopo, - an extended hand made me snap back to reality.
— U-uh, Sky, nice to meet you, - I shook his hand awkwardly and Damiano barely contained his laughter.
— The pleasure is all mine, I was waiting to finally meet you! - he smiled warmly and I felt at ease.
They loaded our stuff in the trunk and when everyone got in the car we hit the way. 
— So, Sky, how was the tour? I've heard you had it pretty rough, - Jacopo looked at me from his rear view mirror.
— Well, I won't lie and say I'll miss the bus, but in general I had a lot of fun joining the band, seeing different cities and watching their performances, - I purposefully stayed away from the topic of me "having it pretty rough" because I didn't know what Damiano has told him and what I should keep to myself for now.
— Yeah, I bet it's nice, but I don't think I'd be able to spend so much time together with these guys, - he chuckled, playfully punching Damiano's shoulder.

I never saw how Damiano acted around his family, so it was really nice to see the two brothers so close. I was tired, so I let them have a conversation while I watched the city from the window. Being back in Rome made me feel like everything we went trough was just a dream. I really didn't want to bring all that negativity back to this city, but it was unfortunately inevitable. I prayed for everything to go quick and smooth so that we could go back to our normal lives, focusing on the things that actually matter the most. 

The car stopped and I saw we were definitely not at my place. Damiano smiled at me excitedly as we got out and I felt my anxiety rise again.
— Don't worry, my parents aren't home, - he whispered in my ear.
— Why didn't you warn me? - I looked at him while Jacopo took our luggage out.
— I knew you would probably chicken out, - he teased me, - But also I thought it would be nice to introduce you to my family's house first to take at least some of your fear away before actually meeting the parents.
— I hate that you know me so well, - I smiled, - But I'm really holding onto my last bit of strength, so can we just go and relax?
— Of course, honey, - he kissed my forehead and lead me inside.

The interior was very warm and light, a lot of wood details made it feel cozy. Jacopo helped Damiano bring our stuff in and left, promising to come back tomorrow. even though our encounter was very pleasant, I felt relieved he wouldn't be staying with us. Damiano showed me the way to his childhood bedroom and I was really excited to see it. 
— It's changed a little since I was living here, - he said, turning the light on, - Mainly because it's turned into a guest room now, but everything else besides the bed is quite the same.
I stepped in and looked around. The walls were painted a very light beige shade, he had a big window and a desk by it, which had piles of notebooks and papers on it. There were many posters of different bands on the walls, but what caught my eye the most was a wall full of different pieces of paper with texts on them.
— Did you write all of that? - I asked him, reading one of the papers.
— Some of them, - he came closer to me, - Some are just quotes, some are my poetry and lyrics, some are just stuff from the internet, but the main purpose for them being there is this, - he took my hand and lead me away from the wall.
— Now look at it, - he smiled as I turned to face it again.
— Oh wow, - I was surprised seeing the notes forming a picture of a face.
— Yeah, I thought it was super artistic and cool back then, - Damiano chuckled.
— It is! - I smiled at him, - So will I find embarrassing childhood stuff about you in this room?
— I'm not saying you will, but it's been a while since I went through the stuff here, so who knows, - he shrugged.

The bed was comfy and cozy, so I fell asleep almost instantly. Ever since the start of my pregnancy I seem to never get enough of it. Feeling Damiano's body hugging me was amazing. It's only been a few days when I slept alone, but having him by my side let me feel safe. In his arms I could finally believe that the dark times are over... But I've been feeling this way before and I don't know how much time I will need to finally trust the fate again.

The sun came up and I opened my eyes to see his room illuminated by the golden rays. I turned to the other side and found Damiano already awake, smiling at me. Loose strands of his hair were shining in the light and his eyes looked like they were glowing. 
— Good morning, - I smiled, feeling incredibly happy.
— Good morning, - he smiled back and kissed my hand, - How did you sleep?
— Amazing, - I streched, - I don't want to jinx it, but I feel much better so far.
— I'm very happy to hear it, we need to get you back on foot.
— For what? - I asked, chuckling.
— No, nothing, - he streched too and sat up, - Let's go, I'll make us breakfast.
— Okay, I just need another minute to fully wake up, - I smiled and pulled the sheets up to my nose.
He shook his head smiling and got up. I loved watching him get ready for the day. He would go in and out of bathroom half-naked, flashing me a smile or a naughty stare. Just as I thought of it, he came out wearing only sweatpants. His tattooed body made me go crazy. He stoped by the dresser and pulled the phone out of his pocket. His body language made me tense up.
— Damn it, - he grunted.