Aftertaste

"Sky,

I am writting this in my hotel room, minutes before leaving to see Victoria and hopefully You. I have a huge and incredibly hard task to do and I do not know how it is going to go, so just in case, I want You to read this, because I may not be able to tell you everything myself. 

I am not going to lie, it was not easy to decide to come and face all of you as I lay every mistake me and Isla made in front of You. I know You have absolutely no reason to believe me and You probably will not, but I promise, I will not give up, because this time something, someone very important is on the line. I want to open up to You, to let you move forward without any questions or suspicions that I believe crossed Your mind from time to time in the past. 

I know Damiano long enough to see his personality that he often tries to hide. I am sure You know him better now, but I genuinely wish You both happiness, because God knows, I have never seen him as happy as he is now. I want You to never forget to be strong and patient, because as we both know, patience is sometimes required when dealing with him. I know his temper may be challenging some days, but do not ever forget how strong his feelings are for You. Damn, it has been a long time since I spoke to him like two grown up people and still, it only took one press conference to watch to see how alive he looked when he spoke about You. I wish You could have seen it, that sparkle in his eyes was magical and so captivating, the whole room full of strangers suddenly felt so warm and cozy, because he shared a fragment of Your happiness with everyone. Like I said, his temper is strong, but his love for You will move mountains, litterally. 

I had many emotions when I found out You were expecting. I am not going to lie and say all of them were pure and positive, but something inside me clicked. I think it awoke my inner voice and gave it a chance to speak up against everything I had going on in my life. I still slipped, I was still scared to face the consequences of my actions, but it stayed inside me, waiting for the best time. It may sound outrageous, but I am happy I waited before taking action, because even if it caused hurt to both You and Damiano, I was able to find out what exactly that woman was planning and I would like to believe I stopped her in time, making sure she would not be able to hurt You again. 

Lastly, I promise You won't have to worry about me again. I have no doubts the law enforcement will make sure of that, but even if I somehow get my freedom back, I will make sure to stay out of Your way. I was hesitant to write this, but I figured if I am being honest, I might add this too - I know it is highly unlikely, but I can not help but wish that some day You all will be able to forgive me and maybe even start over. As much as we had to go through, I can not lie and say Damiano, Victoria, Ethan and Thomas do not mean anything to me. I did not get a chance to meet You propperly and hearing what everyone around you has to say, I would love to get to know You and Your little angel too. However, I know the circumstances are most likely too difficult for it to happen and please, do not feel obligated to do anything. I trust in fate and I will be okay with whatever it brings my way.

So I guess this is the end? Take care of Yourself and Your loved ones and do not ever blame Yourself for not seeing through that woman. We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry, I know it from experience.

Best of luck in Your bright future,

Giorgia"

I noticed the room was silent when I finished reading. Saf and Giuseppe were staring at me like I was a ticking bomb.
— What was it? - Saf asked, gesturing to the letter.
— Giorgia - Giuseppe answered for me, - She asked to give her last letter to Sky.
— What? Did you read it first? - Saf jumped up looking at Giuseppe in disbelief before coming closer to me, - Are you okay? What has she wrote?
— It's okay, - I muttered, still processing everything.
— Then why are your eyes watering? 
— Geez, Saf, I'm okay, - I chuckled, - It's just emotional.
— Or you're hormonal, - Giuseppe added, making us all laugh.

Damiano came back from the police station and I felt happier than ever seeing him. He filled us in on what's happening. I couldn't understand everything clearly, but he explained that the tour is going to be postponed and we all are going back to Italy as soon as I am allowed to. Isla's trial will take place there and we all were asked to come as whitnesses. As for Giorgia, he said their lawyers are working together with her to make sure she gets the mildest punishment. After reading her letter I was happy to hear that. In no way I am ready to let her into our lives again and I'm still not sure I will ever be, but I'm feeling hopeful that some day we'll be able to open our hearts again. 

The trials made me nervous, but our biggest problem right now was to come up with a statement to the public, as we all knew it will likely be impossible to keep this whole situation out of the media completely. It was nice to hear their second assistant stepped up and started working with PR agents immediately. Yeah, the word "manager" left an unpleasant aftertaste to all of us, but with Isla gone, the second manager was finally able to do her job propperly and from what Damiano and others saw, she was good at it. 

Knowing all the updates we all were finally able to relax a little. I almost forgot what it was like to feel good again, not only because almost all people I care about were here with me and stronger than ever, but also because I finally stopped feeling nauseous and weak and it gave me hope I will soon get back to my normal life. We were all sharing the excitement for our baby and making checklists of what we had to prepare. Saf and Giuseppe started fighting over who gets to throw a baby shower and it made us all laugh. 

Vic and Ethan joined us too and the doctors were giving us weird looks as my hospital room was packed with people, but they too must have seen how happy I was, so they let it slide. Through all the chatter I was barely able to hear my phone ringing. I took it and my eyes got wide.
— F*CK.