Little games

— Heyy, girl! - Victoria greeted me with a hug.
— Hi!- I responded, surprised by her friendliness. I took the bag of food from her and we went to the kitchen.

— So, how are you? - she asked, putting various food items where they belong.
— I'm good, it's really nice here, - I said leaning against the kitchen island, - What about you?
— Oh, I'm fine, just a little exhausted. I was in a photoshoot since early morning today. So boring to do it alone. I don't get why Ethan and Thomas have to come in tommorrow, - she spoke fast.
— I have no idea what it's like, - I chuckled.
— Believe me, you don't want to find out. It's kinda fun when you do it with friends, but posing takes a lot of effort.
I smiled sympathetic. We set our food on the table outside and sat in the lounge chairs.

— Is Damiano good to you? - this question caught me off guard, because I didn't tell her about him being here, but also because there was a serious concern in her eyes.
— Uhm... - I wasn't sure if she's messing with me or not.
— It's okay, I know he's here, - she took a bite of her food.
— Yeah, we get along, why? 
— Just asking, - she shook it of, but something about her behaviour seemed unnatural. I didn't know how to feel about that, but decided to ignore it as I didn't know her that well and I might be imagining things.

It was nice to see her, a familiar face was just what I needed to settle in here. I told her about my first day at the house, leaving some details private, because I didn't know if Damiano was comfortable with it.
— She tried to kill me, - I heard his voice. He came outside and lit a cigarette.
— Did you? - Victoria shot me a glance.
— I didn't! - I chuckled.
— Yes you did. Tell Vic about your weapon, - he smiled exhaling the smoke.
— I panicked, I grabbed whatever was nearest! - I defended myself laughing.
— What was it? - Victoria was already smiling.
— A hairbrush, - Damiano smiled at me.
— Seriously? - Victoria started laughing.
— Haha, keep making fun of me trying to survive, - I mocked them.
— To survive this mighty beast! - Damiano flexed his hands and came towards us imitating a bear or something like that. His act was funny, but his eyes actually intimidated me. He's like a vampire, attractive, charming but dangerous at the same time. I can't lie, an invisible force was pulling me towards him and I felt so embarassed by it, because the last thing all of us needed is me acting like a thirsty groupie. 

They started discussing business related things and I felt it was my cue to leave. I collected our empty plates and went inside to clean. When I was done, I poked my head in the livingroom to see if they were done, but that wasn't the case. I couldn't hear what they were talking about, but the expressions on both of their faces weren't as happy as they were when I was around. I was so curious to know what troubled them, but I'm not stupid to damage my reputation by getting caught eavesdropping, so I went to my room. Lying on my bed I decided to call my best friend.

Mia stella! - Saf was surprised.
— Hey, girl, - I smiled.
— So strange to receive a call from you, is everything okay?
— Better than ever, - I responded to her mockery, - What's up?
— I'm off work today and I have a date! - she announced.
— With who? - I was excited.
— You remember Lorenzo? The one that I went home with after the club?
— Yeah.
— We bumped into each other when I was leaving work on wednesday. Turns out he works in the same building!
— Oh wow, sounds like fate to me, - I chuckled.
— I know, right? I'm so excited for this date, I wish you were here right now, I don't know how will I be able to pick my outfit.
— Oh please, whatever you put together looks nice, you'll be fine, - I encouraged her, - But I miss you too.
— Anyway, how are you spending your days? Still alone? 
— Dam...n - I caught myself almost blurting out Damiano's name, - It's so hot here! - I tried saving the situation.
— Yeah, I'm sitting inches away from my fan, - she laughed.
— I'm alone, yeah, nothing much to do, I met the gardener today.
— Is he hot? - she teased me.
"Damiano? Oh yes, he is!" I thought to myself.
— Umm, he's like 50 or something.
— I'd say a sugar daddy, but I don't thing he's that well paid, - she giggled.
— Uh-huh, worry about your own daddy and leave me alone, - I smiled. I heard a knock on my door and saw Damiano  peeking in.
— Sorry, Saf, I really have to pee, bye! - I hurried to hang up, immediately realising what I just said.
— Okay, I'll wait, - Damiano let out a laugh.
— No, no, it's okay, I just wanted to end the call, - I put my hands on my cheeks smiling awkwardly. He seemed amused.
— Let's go to the pool, - he said.
— Where's Victoria? - I asked.
— She left. Let's go, Sky, -  my name sounded f*cking good leaving his mouth. I felt... butterflies? It's so strange and so clear to me at the same time. Strange, because I don't even know him, but he makes my heart beat faster, my knees feel weak and my head empty, ready to feed out of his hand. But it made sense, he is a handsome rockstar, that has  milions of girls feeling the same way and I'm no different from them. My obsession with him will go away, I just have to give myself some time.