Life goes on

— I can't believe how fast time flies, - Vic put her glass of wine on the table.
— Yeah, me too... - I sighed. The day was sunny and warm despite soft breeze tickling my hair. Just like 3 years ago. Not even realizing it, I glanced over to the lake.
— I'm almost envious he claimed lake Como, - Saffron chuckled, clearing my thoughts away.
— Claimed? - I raised one eyebrow and Vic matched me.
— Well, he proposed here, now everytime I think about this place I instantly think of you, - she said.
— Oh, in that case, you and Thomas claimed Venice! - Vic tried to add to my point, but it totally backfired when me and Saf shared a meaningful look.
— Speaking of that, it's about time for you to claim something or SOMEONE now, - I playfully knudged her.
— Oh my God! Don't even start! - Vic started laughing while rolling her eyes.
— So did you plan anything for tonight? - Saf looked at me with a sinister smile on her face.
— Actually... no, - I shruged, - I don't know about Damiano, but I'm pretty sure we're on the same page about this trip here being our present to each other.
— Girl, are you crazy? It's only your second wedding anniversary and you're already acting like a lazy old couple... - Saf was disappointed.
— I think we all know  Damiano won't leave it just like that. He'll definitely plan something, -  Vic took another sip.
— Well, now you're feeding my anxiety, cause I didn't think of anything, - I bit my lip.

I knew my husband, he loved surprising me and I certainly didn't think he would actually be okay with us not celebrating our anniversary. Even though our life was pretty busy lately with caring for our child, him doing music and me opening my own bussiness, we always made it a priority to find time for each other, because relationship is like a plant, that needs constant care to grow and bloom. I did have something planned, I just didn't want to share it yet, because I wanted him to be the first one to find out.

After our girly brunch, Ethan and Thomas joined us as we took a stroll around the town. I missed Damiano, but he had to take care of some work stuff. I was a little bit lost in my mind, trying to visualize what everything was going to look like once I get back to out hotel room, but Ethan made it complicated with his jokes, so I gave in and tried to be present. We stopped at gelato stand and Ethan went to order for me, because my feet were dying in the heels I was wearing,  I sat down as soon as I saw a bench.

The bench was overlooking lake Como and the view was breathtaking, but I enjoyed observing my friends more. Vic play-fighting with Ethan and Thomas completely devouring Saf with his eyes. Nobody would even try to argue how much inlove they were and it reminded me of me and Damiano in our early relationship. Of course, their relationship was way smoother than ours and I was happy to see that. Despite every hardship in our way, I wouldn't change our story in any way. It happened just the way it had to and it made us more appreciative of the good moments we had.

After I listened to enough teasing about whats going to happen in our bedsheets tonight, I finally said goodbye to my crazy buch of friends and still smiling started going back to our hotel. I stopped at a shop to pick up some things for the gift on my way. I put everything in the bag since I knew I would have some time to prepare everything until he comes back home, but that thought quickly went away as soon as I saw a light on in our bedroom. I sighed and stopped at a nearby bench to quicky set up my surprise before going in. With everything ready, I opened the gate and walked toward our door.

I turned the key as silently as I could and snuck inside. The rest of the apartment was dark, except from a hallway leading up to our bedroom, to which the door was slightly open, letting the light to bleed out. I slowly walked towards it when I heard Damiano chuckling. When I reached the door, I silently peeked in through the small gap and my heart skipped a beat. My husband was sitting inside our bedroom in a messed up bed, shirtless, with his gorgeous smile on the face and beaming eyes. The sparkle in them could light up even the darkest place on earth, I swear. I loved catching that gaze of his, it made me feel whole, wanted. Except this time that look wasnt meant for me. 

I watched him dedicate those sparkles to another girl and my eyes filled with tears. I stood there, silent, motionless, I just watched them enjoy each others company not knowing I was right there. My mind was blank and I almost let go of the gift that was still in my hands when the door opened wider and I heard her squeel:
— Mama! - my little girl ran up to me.
— Why didn't you tell me you're coming home? - Damiano smiled, getting up from the bed.
— I thought you'd be back later, - I kissed him back and raised an eyebrow as soon as I saw what he was wearing, - A tutu, really?
— What? Do I not look fabulous? - he chuckled, modeling the look more. I laughed at him, and picked up our daughter.
— I thought you would be staying with nonna tonight? - I kissed her cheek looking at my husband.
— We decided to let nonna rest a bit, right? - he smiled at her and his eyes wandered to the gift bag I was holding.
— Oh, I completely forgot, - I rolled my eyes and put our daughter down, giving the bag to Damiano - Isabella, could you please go get mama a bottle of water from the fridge? - I asked and she happily ran off.
— Happy aniversary, - Damiano pulled me in for a more passionate kiss, ignoring the bag.
— I love you, - I whispered into his lips, - But go ahead, check it out.
— What is it? - he shot me a sheepish look while untying the ribbon. I stayed silent just watching his reaction as he pulled out his favorite snacks and champagne.
— Thank you, amore, - he looked at me happy.
— There's one more thing in there, look, - I pointed to the bag smiling. He reached into it and pulled out a small thing wrapped up in many layers of wrapping paper. He ooked at me intrigued, tearing the paper down until he reached what was inside.
— Here you go, - Isabella handed me the water almost startling me out of the focus.
— Thank you, love, - I smiled at her.
— Why is dad crying? - she asked and I immediately looked back at Damiano, holding a pregnancy test.
— Dad is really, really happy,- he looked at the stick, hand over his mouth and happy tears streaming down his chiseled cheeks. Maybe it was because of the hormones, but I couldn't hold it in any longer, I sad on the bed beside and hugged him tightly. He pulled our daughter into the hug as well and in that moment all of or hearts were full. Of joy, of dreams for the future, of love. We sat there for a while enjoying the moment, till it finally came time to explain things to our confused child, who's not gonna be an only child for much longer.

******************************************
A LONG LONG overdue conclusion to my firstborn child :D
Thank you to everyone that dedicated time reading this, 
From the bottom of my heart, truly. I loved going through ups and downs of this story with all of you.

I hope you anjoyed the ride aswell. I still have some ongoing stories that I might continue if there are readers waiting for it, but my long absence was caused by my wayyy busier schedule now, so not promising anything, in order to not disappoint!

Feel free to share your thoughts, requests, anything! I'll be reading <3

Thank you once more 

Love, Angelisation <3