The truth. Part III

The piece of paper had  a number along with "abort." scribbled above it. I really wished it didn't mean what I thought it did. I sat on the bed thinking if Isla was capable to go to these lengths to get what she wanted. I couldn't relax with these thoughts roaming in my head, so I picked up my phone and dialed the number. It was almost 10 PM, but I didn't care, I had to at least try to find out what was hidden behind it.
— Tere, - a soft woman's voice greeted me in Estonian.
— Umm.. Hello, do you speak english? - I asked surprised.
— Yes, who am I talking to?
— M-my friend gave me your number, she said you would be able to help... - I put my acting skills to test.
— A friend? What do you need help with? - the woman sounded suspicious and I really had to come up with something fast.
— My friend's name is Isla, I think she was going to contact you.
— Ah, yes, yes, we spoke today, she's coming to pick her package in three days. Do you also need the pill? I can add it to your friend's order.
— Can you remind me what she ordered? - I bit my lip hoping not to get caught.
— Umm... Didn't your friend tell you what we sell? - the tone of that woman grew increasingly suspicious.
— No, she did, but she mentioned you had other stuff too, don't you?
— What stage are your pregnancy in? Do you need an escape pill or the more serious one? - she asked impatiently. Everything went clear in that moment.
— You know, nevermind, I'll call you later, goodnight! - I ended the call. I prayed that that woman wouldn't mention my call to Isla, but the fact I didn't gave my name away made me a little more calm. I couldn't believe she was really going to do that to Sky. 

I tossed and turned that night, tha stuff I learned gave me nightmares as well as my mind having an inner battle with itself. I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I did nothing to stop Isla. On the other hand, I knew what price I had to pay in order to do that and I wasn't sure I was ready to accept it. I had three days to figure out what I was going to do, but time didn't slow down and I still had to follow Isla's plan.

Damiano visited me in the afternoon, looking broken and barely alive. I didn't know how to act or what to say, despite everything we've been trough, I hated to see him like that. I gave him space and waited for him to break the silence. 
— I decided to step up and take care of both of you, - he said, looking at the floor, - I don't know how we're going to do this, but I'm ready to work on us becoming a family.
I would have loved to hear him saying this a ong time ago, but now it broke my heart. I knew what Isla planned to do and knowing what emotional torture this man will have to go through made me feel sick. 
— Are you sure? - I struggled to get the words out.
— Yes, - he looked up at me. His eyes were incredibly sad, but I no longer saw hate and disgust in them.

He told me how he ended things with Sky. I saw he had to get all this stuff out, so I patiently listened without interrupting. I didn't know how rocky their relationship has been, despite me playing a huge part in creating obstacles for them. He really felt responsible for ruining her life although I knew it wasn't his fault. He didn't know the poison that's been slowly killing them was right in front of their eyes. I wanted to tell him, but it was too risky. He wouldn't believe me and even if he did, I had no plan on how to stop  it.

*Present day, early morning*

I was incredibly nervous, but the fact Damiano was able to convince Vic to meet me kept me going. With shaky hands I pressed the elevator button to get to her floor. My heart was jumping out of my chest as I knew these were the last few hours of my freedom. Vic opened her door and let me in. I saw the scepticism in her eyes and I couldn't blame her, I just prayed she would believe me. 

We sat down on the couch and I immediately asked when Isla was going to give medicine to Sky. She looked at me surprised that I knew about it and told me Sky was still sleeping. I sighed in relief and started explaining the whole situation to her. It was a good practice round, because I knew I will have to tell everything to Sky later. We didn't have much time, so I had to shorten my speech as much as possible without leaving any important details out. I saw how Vic's expression changed the more I spoke. She went from incredibly suspicious to worried, to angry, to scared. I showed her the piece of paper that Isla dropped in my room and she studied it closely.
— It's definitely her handwriting... - she slowly put it down.
— I told you I'm not making this up, Vic, - I nodded, - I know I won't be able to redeem myself, but I need to make things right at least this time.
— How are you going to do it? - she asked, but we got interrupted by a knock on the door.
Ethan came by to say good morning and ask if she wanted him to bring her breakfast as he was going to bring some food to Sky. I hid in the bathroom while they spoke and it worked out perfectly, because Ethan told Vic when Isla was going to give Sky the pill. As soon as he left me and Vic sat down to discuss our plan.

*SKY'S POV*

Giorgia sat on the windowsill and began talking. It was a long, detailed monologue and I watched Isla's reactions to it. I was incredibly cautious not to trust Giorgia too soon, but the way she confidently listed the tiniest details of her day made me wonder how good of a liar you'd have to be to come up with such story. Isla shook her head disappointedly, scoffing at some parts, but I saw how frustrated she was and it was a little alarming to me. Suddenly I felt like I wasn't safe in my room anymore. I didn't trust Giorgia, but the things she said started making sense as I started remembering some red flags too. The woman I trusted so much right until a few minutes ago was becoming someone I had to defend myself from right in front of my eyes. 

I didn't even process it when Giorgia told me I was actually pregnant. All I could think about was how incredibly blind we all were. How dangerous Isla was and how much I needed to see Damiano to know he's okay. I glanced at my phone, that was on my side table and Isla immediately caught that. 
— Okay, now that you're done, can I talk? - she snatched my phone before I was able to get it and shoot a look at Giorgia. That was more than enough to me to prove Giorgia's words.
— You're digging yourself into a hole, Isla, - Giorgia was calm and collected, - Sky, don't worry, I won't let her harm you even more.
— Oh please, quit your act! - Isla came closer to her, - I'm shocked at what you're capable of, really. I knew you were mental, a pathological liar, but I never thought you would go to this extent! What are you getting from this? I don't understand. What is your goal? To burden poor Sky even more? To confuse her, make her feel like she couldn't trust anyone? What has she ever done to you that you can't leave her and all of us alone?
— You're smart, I'll give you that, - Giorgia chuckled a little, - You worked in advance to make me the bad guy. I don't know how you were capable to know you'll need a scapegoat in the future, but congrats, you manipulated me when I was in a vulnerable state and made me do awful things I regret. Yes, I was your puppet, but it's enough. I won't cover for you any longer, it's over.
— Are you okay, Sky? Do you need me to give you anything? - Isla completely ignored Giorgia, looking at me.
— My phone, - I answered.
— I don't want you to act based on this confusion, dear -
— The police is on it's way already, - Giorgia smiled, - She won't do anything I didn't do.
— Can you just tell me why you did all of this? - I asked Isla trying to look strong, even though I was breaking down inside.
— Don't tell me she fooled you, Sky, - Isla looked at me pleadingly, - You know how much I work to make you and the band sucsessful! Why would I sabotage everything?
— You tell me, - I shrugged, - I agree, you were a good manager, but that doesn't mean you get an excuse for your actions. Now that Giorgia opened my eyes, I realised there were signs all along... I should have noticed sooner how angry you were when Damiano didn't listen to you and announced our relationship to the public. I get it, he's the most wanted bachelor and him being single would really help band's ratings, but your reaction was way worse than it should have been. How you were cold towards me when me and Damiano had relationship problems and as soon as we were together again, you started acting like my best friend... It all came back to me now. I can't see why I shouldn't believe Giorgia's words.
— Because she's a criminal! Did you forget what she's done to Damiano? - I saw Isla's confident poise breaking down.
— But didn't you push her to do those things? 
— Didn't you supply me with drugs? - Giorgia added.
— I don't know what to say, it's bizzare... After all these years of being loyal to the band, pushing my personal life aside, to make sure you were getting what you deserve... This is what I get. 
— Just admit it, I can assure you it feels nice, - Giorgia nodded, - Although I'm really curious about your motive...

We got interrupted as someone came into my room. I hield my breath trying to see who it was.

*************************************
Hello!
Thank you so much for for your support! I've been overwhelmed with positive comments
and I really appreciate all of them!
Make sure to blow this part up if you're looking forward to see how this situation will end!

Sending love to everyone that reads, see you in next part!

xoxo,
Angelisation <3