Spotlight

I was woken up by the amazing sound of my phone ringing. It felt like the sound went inside my head and exploded there a hundred times louder. I groaned and picked it up to answer.
— I was knocking on your door for half an hour now! And who the f*ck sleeps with the balcony door closed when it's so hot outside?- I was ambushed from the speaker. It was weird, because it seemed that I heard the voice somewhere close to me. I looked at the screen to check who I was talking to. "Damiano" it said, but I would have recognised that voice instantly.
— W-who's this? - I asked, my voice still incredibly raspy.
— Giuseppe. Girl, now get your pretty ass out of the bed and let me in, I'm cooking out here!, - I heard knocking on my balcony door. I was so shook, that it wasn't even hard for me to get up anymore, I opened the curtains and saw Giuseppe standing with his arms crossed in my balcony.
— How did you get here? - I asked once I opened the door.
— I mean, I was scared you died or something, so I had to climb from our balcony, just to check, but somebody decided to sleep with their door shut and I was stuck here, because the climbing was terrifying enough for me not to do it twice, thank you, - he said with a little bit of sass. I took another look at our balconies. 
— You climbed from there? - I pointed at their balcony shocked, looking at about one meter wide space separating it from mine.
— Well I'm sure I didn't grow wings over night, sis, - he chuckled.
— Giuseppe! It's dangerous! - I looked down, seeing the tiny people walking below us.
— I didn't die, so it's fine, but I'm definitely not doing it again. Enough about me though. What's the gossip? - he made himself comfortable in a lounge chair inside and looked at me excitedly.
— What do you mean? - I rolled my eyes and came to join him.
— Um, excuse me? You can't expect I didn't hear you giggling with Damiano in the hallway at 5AM or something!
— I'm not getting away that easy, am I? - I smiled at him.
— Of course not! - he chuckled.
— Okay, okay. So we were all drinking and dancing and at some point it got too intimate between me and Ethan-
— ETHAN?! 
— Shhh! If you want the story, you have to promise not to let everyone at this hotel know! - I got scared.
— Of course, sorry, continue, - he waved at me.
— Yes, Ethan. We danced together and of course they had to put on a romantic song...
— How was it?
— Well, it felt really nice, actually, but Damiano was right there and... You know, it's hard... - I needed a moment to collect my thoughts.
— Oh, I get it.
— Yeah, so I couldn't be present anymore as the conflict in my head intensified, so I ran away to the bar to get a drink and have a minute away from them. A bartender striked a conversation with me there.
— Oooh, so there's yet another love interest in this story now! - He went to the mini fridge and grabbed two mini sized bottles of chapagne from there.
— I'm not drinking! - I disclaimed, seeing his actions.
— Trust me, a mimosa at this hour will be just what you needed! - He didn't listen, mixing our drinks up. I took a glass and set it on the table in front of me.
— There's no new love interests, I can assure you. Elias was sweet and funny, and attractive, of course, we danced together, but that's where it ends.
— Bummer, - Giuseppe took a sip.
— Damiano saw us, though, - I said, before taking a sip of my drink.
— Okay, now I'm in, spill it!
— He looked really tense and it made me want to run away from the situation, which I did. I went outside and after a couple of minutes he found me there. Let's say... he was really territorial and we made up quite fast... - I suddenly got shy.
— Omg, I love it! - he claped his hands.
— Thomas almost caught us... Making out, but I think he was too wasted, so it's fine. Anyway, we then went back inside and drank for another hour or so, until I realised we were all in a state that would make it difficult to come back to the hotel, so I managed to get everyone in a taxi and we went back, - I ended the story.
— And what about the hallway? - Giuseppe wasn't going to let any detail slip.
— Damiano kissed me again and honestly... I think if we were just a tiny bit drunker, we would have taken things one step further for sure. I'm glad we didn't though.
— Are you out of your mind?
— No, we had a deal. We are trying to be friends, so-
— Which is not working as we can see! I don't get it, why torture yourself when you can have the hottest man? - Giuseppe seemed offended.
— I don't want to rush things. I'm not even sure it would work out, our worlds are so different...
— So what? You will stretch the elastic band until it slips and snaps, hurting both of you?
— Who knew you could speak so poetically! - I laughed.
— I'm serious, girl, be brave!
— After last night, I'm not sure I will be able to keep this up anyway, - I looked at my glass.
— I hope so, - Giuseppe winked at me, - Well, as sad as I am about it, I have to return Damiano's phone back where it was before he notices and you, my lady, have to start getting ready for your lunch out, it's already 2PM.
— Already what? - I grabbed my phone in disbelief.
— Uh - huh. I already talked to Helen, she will help you out with hair and makeup and your outfit is hanging in her closet too. Go take a quick shower and make your way to her! - he waved at me on is way out.