Long time no see

I gaspedseeing both of my parents in my room with a cute banner that said "Welcome home, Sky!" and a cake in my moms hands. For a second I got scared that all the guests she invited for the surprisee party will come out from around the corner, but my room wasn't that big, so relieved, I went to hug both of them.
— Welcome home, honey! - My mother beamed and it made me happy too.
— We missed you so much! -  dad crushed me in the hug.
— I missed you guys too! I didn't expect you to be home!
— Well, that was the plan! - mom laughed in response, looking at River, who was still standing in the doorway.

They went downstairs to give me some time to unpack. I looked around my room smiling at every little detail, because it hasn't changed since I was a teen. The walls were painted a very light beige color, but not much of it was visible as I liked constantly putting things on them. My bed vas just a matress on the ground. No, we weren't poor or anything, it was my choice and I just can't imagine putting a proper bed in there. Despite it being on the floor, my bed was super cozy and comfortable. I had a lot of pillows there. Still, my favorite things were all the little polaroids and stickers above my bed and on all the walls and fairy lights that hung above the bed. I remember my dad hanging them up for me and almost falling from the stool he stood on. 

I put my clothes in the closet and sat on the bed with the bag of gifts Vic bought for my parents

I put my clothes in the closet and sat on the bed with the bag of gifts Vic bought for my parents. I haven't had a chance to see what was inside, and obviously, since the gifts were supposed to be from me, I had to know what "I" got. There were a few bottles of very high quality olive oil, some wine (of course) and snacks. On the bottom there were a few bigger boxes with labels on them. I took first one out and it said "Brother". Inside it was a big bottle of "Valentino" perfume, a silk tie and a few books. I took the other one, labeled "Dad". It also had a bottle of "Valentino" perfume, just another scent, a leather belt and wallet from "Armani", a box of cigars and a bottle of "Puni Alba" whiskey. My eyes were wide seeing all these gifts, but they got even wider when I opened my mom's box. She also got a "Valentino" perfume, but under it was a delicately wrapped "Prada" box. The size of it gave away it could easily be a bag. 
— Damn, Vic, what were you thinking? - I whispered to myself. I didn't expect her to spend so much money. What am I supposed to tell my parents? How long will I be repaying Vic for all this stuff?

I took the labels off and went downstairs to make my family happy. Needless to say, everyone gasped opening their gifts and I had to create a story how my boss appreciates my work and gives me generous bonuses. We talked about what's going on in our lifes after that and seeing the clock almost hit 6 PM, my mother looked at me with the look on her face, that gave away she was about to tell me go get ready for the party.
— So, honey, we decided to throw you a little welcoming party tonight, - I knew "we" ment her only, - Guests will arive at 7 PM, so you should go get ready.
— Oh really? I wasn't expecting that! - I played along, knowing how proud she felt for "keeping it a secret". River could barely hold his laughter, making the corners of my lips go up too. I went upstairs to take a quick shower and doll myself up for the night of fake-smiling. Sometimes I think how good of a daughter I am for putting up with that bullshit. Many times I wanted to tell these people I don't even remember half of the names of to leave me in peace, but I know these parties are more for my mother than me, because she just wants to share her wxcitement and how proud of me she was. Even though I never understood what there is to be proud of. Oh my god, I hope none of them saw that scandalous article before it got taken down, because that would give me the turn of events I really didn't need. Now more than ever I realised how hard my job actually was. Not the part where I have to keep the house clean, but not being able to freely talk about my job without rehearsing before, so I wouldn't let some important detail slip, was tiring to say the least.