By his side

*SKY'S POV*

I leaped out of the car as soon as Ethan stopped. I had only one mission right now, which meant that everything else was pushed to the back. I headed straight for his bedroom upstairs, passing Victoria, who was visibly confused aand surprised by my sudden appearance. I heard Ethan come in behind me, explaining the situation to her. That was very helpful, because I certainly didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings right now, so I was very thankful. My heart was jumping as I was about to open the door. I both wanted to barge in as quick as possible and hesitated at the same time, fearing what I would see or how he would react to me. I took a deep breath and openned the door quietly. 

I saw him curled up in the bed. I could hear his troubled breathing from far away. I slowly walked up to the bed and sat beside him. I always thought he looked like a greek god, but now he was so pale, the resemblence was even stronger. I dared to lift my hand up to his forehead, sweeping away a loose strand of hair and that startled him. 
— Sky? - he turned his hear in my direction. 
— Hi, - I smiled through the pain that seeing  him in this condition gave me.
— I-is this really you? - He jumped up in the bed, grabbing my hands.
— Hey, relax, yes it's me, Damiano, - I laid him back down.
— Please don't leave... listen to me-
— Shhh... It's okay, I already know everything that actually hapenned, it doesn't matter anymore, - I stroked his hair, - I'm not going anywhere, I promise, but you need to rest and get better, okay?
— I will, just stay, - he hield my hand tightly, allowing himself to shut his eyes again. 

I made myself comfortable beside him. Seeing this strong, excentric, confident man so broken down and helpless was heartbreaking. I was mad at myself for questioning if I should come here  or not before. He clearly needed me and being near him again made me forget the hurt and pain I battled past days. Ethan poke his head in and I gestured for him to be silent. He inspected Damiano and the medicine he was given before. I was so grateful Damiano had him as a friend. He was incredibly caring and thoughtful, he always made sure everyone's safe and happy. Even I felt invincible near him, despite our friendship being so new. 
— Okay I'm going downstairs, do you need anything? - he whispered to me.
— No, I'm fine, I'll just stay here, - I responded.
— Okay, call me if you need anything and try to check on his temperature every once in a while, - he smiled a little and I nodded back. 

I looked back at Damiano, my head buzzing with thoughts. I couldn't forget what Giorgia told me and it frustrated me. How does she even dare to say she loves him when she chose to destroy him? How is she even walking outside freely, when she's capable of these things? Damiano snapped me out of rage by snuggling closer to me. I could feel he was burning and that concerned me a lot. I didn't want to leave him alone even for a minute, but at the same time I needed to talk to others.

Exhaustion from all the anxiety and practically sleepless night hit me fast and I wasn't able to fight it anymore. I woke up after an hour, Damiano was still peacefully sleeping. Slowly, I started freeing my hand from his grip. He didn't seem to notice that. Then I carefully got out of the bed and as quietly as I could, made my way out of the room. I knew I was doing a crime leaving him alone, because if he woke up and I wasn't there, he would most probably freak out, but... I needed to. I went to the living room and saw Ethan with Vic there.
— Sky, - she jumped from the couch and hugged me tightly, - I'm so sorry...
— I'm sorry too, - I said, wrapping my hands around her too.
— How is he? - she asked when we pulled away.
— Still burning, - I bit my lip, - Should we call an ambulance?
— That should be our last option, - Ethan joined the conversation, - We should try and help him ourselves...
— But... Why? They have the knowledge and supplies... - I was so confused by his answer.
— Word spreads fast, Sky, - Vic sighed, - If they take him to the hospital, it's a matter of hours when will the first tabloids show up.
— Yeah, we can't risk it, given the circumstances, - Ethan nodded, - We already got falsely accused of using drugs many times before, but it takes only one reason for someone to confirm the rumor and we're screwed up for life. 
— But... I don't get it, don't they have some kind of vow that forbids to disclose information about the patient? - I asked, biting my nail.
— They do, but money is a powerful thing that makes some people forget it, - Ethan replied.
— Trust me, we hate this situation as passionately as you do, but it will break Damiano if a scandal like that would break out, - Vic sat on the couch.
— Okay, so what do we do then?
— If he still has a fever, we should give him some more medicine and maybe get some ice, - Ethan stood up.
— I'm going to boil some water for it, you go get ice, - Vic nodded to Ethan.
— And I'm going back to him, - I said.

We were all relieved to see his fever going down slowly. I spent the whole night half awake beside him. I only fell asleep in the morning, but was soon woken up by Damiano stroking my hair.
— I'm sorry, - he bit his lip, - I didn't mean to wake you up.
— How are you feeling? - I jumped up.
— My head hurts a little, but it's fine, - he shrugged, still smiling.
— You look better, - I was genuinely happy and relieved.
— I still can't believe it's really you, here by my side, - he looked at me, I'm sorry... For everything, all of this...
— I'm only mad at you for destroying yourself, - I looked back at him intensely.
— I know and I'm really sorry, Sky. It's the worst way of coping with all this shit, but I just... I didn't even realise it myself, but you are so important to me, that even the thought of living without you makes me want to die...
— Don't say that! - I was angry, - Don't you even dare to let these thoughts in.
— I'm sorry, - he took my hand.
We talked about the time we spent apart briefly, both leaving out some details not to upset each other. It felt good to see him as a human again. Vic stopped by, asking what we would like to eat for breakfast and Damiano insisted on going downstairs to eat. Despite our efforts to persuade him to stay in bed, he still got what he wanted, so Vic went back to the kitchen and I helped him get into his bathrobe. 

We sat down at the table, while Vic made some scrambled eggs. Ethan joined us, yawning. I was sure it was his first night he could get some sleep. 
— How are you feeling? - he asked both of us.
— I'm good, - Damiano smiled, looking at me.
— Just a little tired, - I yawned.
— We have to make sure she gets some rest, - Damiano tapped the table, looking at Ethan.
I heard the front door shutting and we all tried to peek at who was coming. 
— Sky?! - Thomas smiled surprised.
— Hey, - I got up from the table to give him a hug. 
Now the whole "family" was together and I could feel the joy and serenity starting to fill me again. 

Vic brought us the food and we ate like the old times. 
— Ethan told me Giorgia visited you? - Vic looked at me and we all felt the table tremble from Ethan kicking her.
— It's fine, - Damiano smiled slightly, looking at his plate, - What did she want?
— She basically came to confess it was all staged that night, - I felt food getting stuck in my throat, - She told me everything and begged me to come back here to fix her mess...
— Well, I hate that she had the guts to bother you, but I'm really happy to finally have you back, - Thomas cheered with his fork.
— Yeah, about that...

*********************************

Hey, my lovelies!

I'm sorry for the long wait, I had some stuff to do, leaving me almost no time for writing.
However, the algorythm didn't like me updating so often, so I will have to stick to updating two/three times a week from now on.
I can't promise many updates the upcoming week, because I will be busy, but trust me, whenever I get some free time, I will dedicate it to writing!

Thank You for the wonderful support! <3

P.S. An update for "BUNNY" is already out too!