Magic words

*THOMAS'  POV*

I watched her as the sun shined through her hair. Her skin looked golden and smooth as silk. Sometimes you feel so happy and accomplished, it becomes scary to live another minute. This high, lifting feeling must end sometime, isn't that the way life works? I had a lot of ups and downs in my life, but no "up" was even remotely close to this one. Sky once told me that life sends us challenges to reward us afterwards. Maybe that's why I had to go through all the shit with other women. It was to get her

I stretched a little and she must have felt the bed moving.
— Good morning, - she immediately wrapped her arms around me.
— Good morning, baby, - I kissed the top of her head. It was hard to fathom the idea that I will have to leave this afternoon and spend so much time away from her.
— What time is it? - she asked, her voice still sleepy.
— It's about 10 AM.
— What?! - she jumped up, - Why didn't you wake me up earlier?
— Did you have somewhere to be? - I got confused.
— No, but you will soon, - she pouted.
— Hey, let's not worry about that, we still have most of the day together, let's properly enjoy it, - I pulled her back into my arms. 
— Okay, but let's make the most of what we have, - she smiled and kissed me. I was addicted to the taste of her lips, I kissed her back hungrily and she wasted no time. Her top came off and she jumped on me. Once again, sun illuminated her like a work of art. Her hands slid up my chest until they reached my face. Then her lips traced my neck all the way up to my ear and bit it playfully. I loved how fiery and confident she was. Somehow sex always feels even more incredible when you know it's going to be the last time for a while.

Somehow we found the strength to get out of bed. I wanted to take her out somewhere to eat, but since we had to avoid being spotted in public, I decided to do a picnic instead and drive us to the vineyards. She absolutely loved surprises so it was a bonus seeing her excited. We pulled into my grandfather's friend's farm and got out. The day was perfectly sunny with a soft breeze. 
— Are we going wine tasting? - she smiled at me.
— Not exactly, - I took her hand and pulled out the picnic basket that was hidden in the cabinet by the farmhouse door.
— A picnic! Oh how cute is that, - she was genuinely happy.
— Yeah, "cute" is the word every man dreams of hearing, - I chuckled playfully.
— Oh stop it, man, - she punched my arm laughing.
I guided her through the vines until we reached my favorite spot under the tree. It was on a slight rise, so you could see the beauty of the fields around us. One of the fields grew lavender and every time the wind blew, it brought the scent to us. 

We ate, drank wine and just relaxed together. It was so nice, that we decided to ditch our other plans and enjoy the nature.

 It was so nice, that we decided to ditch our other plans and enjoy the nature

I pulled out a book we've been reading together. She was excited to read it to me again and I just loved the sound of her voice. I layed on her lap relaxed, until my phone buzzed, startling both of us.
— Who is it? - she chuckled.
— Ethan... - I sighed, looking at the phone, - He's asking me when will I be back...
I saw how her expression changed.
— Hey, what did I say about being sad? - I stroked her cheek.
— I know, but how can you just order your mind not to think about things that are inevitably coming.... And very soon, - she looked at me.
— I wish you could come on tour with us... - I sighed.
— Yeah, me too...
— But we could do it, you know? - I looked at her, hoping she would agree.
— Baby... - she put down the book looking sad and annoyed at the same time, - I know we can, but it's too soon...
— Oh come on, Saf, they would understand. Sky is your best friend, if anything she'll be happy for us!
— Or angry because we kept our relationship a secret for so long!
— But you know that with every day of telling me "it's too soon" you're making it worse...? - I lifted an eyebrow.
— Yes, I know, but I'm just... scared. I don't know, okay? I'm just nervous about all of it and I like the way we are now! - she crossed her arms.
— I do to, but I would love it even more if I could take you out without worrying about us getting photographed, to have you with me when I go out with my friends without having to act like you're just my acquaintance... I love you, Saffron and I don't want anything keeping me away from you.
Her expression suddenly changed and softened. She looked me in the eyes, like she was trying to understand if I was real.
— What's wrong? - I asked.
— It's the first time you've said that, - she smiled.
— Said what?
— The magic words, - she bit her lip, looking like she was about to cry.
— "I love you?" - I repeated it, - Well, it's true. I love you. For quite a while now, - I smiled, suddenly feeling shy. She looked at me again, smiling widely. A single tear rolled down her cheek.
— I love you too, Thomas, - she wrapped her hands around my neck and kissed me gently.

*********************************
Hello, my loves,

How are you holding up?
I really hope all is well with you!
Yesterday I bought my tickets to "Loud kids on tour"! I'm so unbelievably excited!
Will any of you go too? Which city?

I hope this shorter chapter didn't disappoint!

See you in next one,

xoxo, Angelisation <3