Torn

*Damiano's point of view*

It's like something's got into her after Isla informed us about Ethan and Thomas arriving. She started pacing around and cleaning every corner of the house frantically. I could see she was super nervous and that was adorable, but also confusing. I mean, she has met them already, Thomas spoke very fondly of her after our party at the club. She said she doesn't remember, but how can you completely blackout like that? I tried lifting the mood by shooting some jokes at her here and there, but it didn't change much, so I decided not to stand in her way and let her do her thing. 

I went to my room once I heard guys arrive. I knew she wanted me to stay by her side, to help make the interaction less awkward, but I knew it would be best for her to see she can do perfectly fine on her own. She looked incredibly attractive today, with her hair a little messy from running around the house like crazy. I pressed my ear to the door trying to hear how everything goes.
— Sky! - I heard Thomas being overly excited. 
— H-hi! - her voice was shaky from all the anxiety. I smiled to myself hearing it. 

I wanted to tease her in front of guys, but couldn't bring myself to do it. She already looked flustered and Ethan being Ethan didn't help the situation. He was so closed off, like usual. I knew it didn't mean he didn't like her, but I could see his lack of enthusiasm bothered Sky. I felt the need to shelter her, to tell her everything's fine, but my hands were tied. The feeling she awakened in me was very dangerous and strange. It was best not to play that game. Both of us would benefit from that. Eventually she left us to discuss some things about the upcoming concerts, but honestly all I could think about was her. 

I needed her to be around. She's super entertining to watch. Doesn't matter what she's doing - washing dishes, reading, eating, talking... Everything she does seems so... magical? Yet again I found myself letting in the thoughts about her. The thing I forbde myself from doing. My mixed feelings were showing on my face for sure, as Ethan and Thomas tried to get me talking. But I couldn't talk about this. Not to them, not to anybody. Not now. Given my situation, I would get lectures and weird stares in return. I finally managed to snap out of my thoughts and proposed the idea of throwing a little party, to help her bond with my friends. I knew that would work and others agreed. 

The sun started setting and Sky was still in her room. I excused myself and made my way up, to tell her about our plans. The scent of her perfume was lingering in the hallway. I knocked gently and entered her room. She was in the bathroom, but the door was open, so I carefully made my way towards, hoping she's not the kind that does "business" in the bathroom with her door open. Thankfully she was just checking herself out in the mirror.

— Where did you disappear? - I asked and she turned around to face me.
— Just chillin', - she answered. Her rosy cheeks and messy hair indicated she had a nice nap.
— Just sleeping, - I brushed a strand of her hair away from her face. Damn, I don't remember the last time I touched a skin as silky as her was.
— Do you need anything? - she asked overly confident and I saw right trough her. I saw my touch does things to her too. I stood really close to her. I no longer knew if I did it because seeing her get nervous was so amusing, or because I wanted to be as close to her as possible. 
— We planned a party for you, - I went to sit on her bed, to finally distance myself.
— Yeah, Victoria just told me, - she leaned against the door frame and I imagined how good she would look in that TikTok silhouette challenge.
— That's good. Are you still afraid of them? - I teased her about meeting guys.
— I was not afraid! - she frowned her nose adorably.

She acted way different around me. I saw she felt more relaxed and confident. She even teased me a little, that's a first. I fell on her bed. It smelled like her and I wanted to let that in. That's as close to her as I could get. And I'm not missing the opportunity. What happened next completely threw me off guard. She crawled on top of me and reached her hands to the shelf above my head. Her body in this compromising position made me respond to it immediately. My carefully controlled mind went black and I let myself act the way I wanted. I knew she did it to get my reaction, but I'm tougher than she thinks and I will show her.