🖤~Zenon Zogratis - Memories - Part 2~🖤

Trigger Warning: Death, Self-blame

Third Person

"I won't lose anyone else!" (Y/N) yelled out. "(Y/N)!" Both Zenon and Nacht called out. Nacht bolted for his older sister. He pressed his forehead to (Y/N)'s, "please remember!"

Everyone braced for the impact that never came. Opening their eyes they were shocked at the sight before them. Nacht had run up, his arms were locked around his sisters neck as he hugged her. Zenon had caught the arm she was going to throw the spell out of, and had his other arm locked around her waist. (Y/N) was frozen. She didn't move, aside from the small whimpers and gasps that left her mouth in a trail. Her hand was still mid-air, but the spell was gone. Tears fell down her cheeks rhythmically.

Years of memories beginning to return to her. Everything Dante and Vanica had caused, reversing.

"(Y/N), stop this. It's over. There is no point in releasing the devils. It makes for an unsafe world. I don't want a world when you could die. Sentiment, isn't meaningless anymore. I have you. And I love you. So stop this" Zenon whispered. (Y/N)'s arm began shaking in his grip.

"Older sister... please... come home. I've lost Morgen... and that was my fault. Please, I want my older sister back" Nacht pleaded. "Nacht...? Lord Zenon...?" (Y/N) gasped out, her voice incredibly shaky. "We're right here, (Y/N)" Zenon spoke first.

"You're back...?" Nacht questioned, pulling apart slightly. "Nacht... My little... shadow..." (Y/N)'s breathing became heavier. "Big sis!" Nacht exclaimed wrapping his arms around her again, squeezing her tightly. "You're... You're back!" Nacht continued, tears bubbling in his eyes.

(Y/N) wrapped her arms around Nacht, holding him close. The feeling of holding her little brother close to her again -for the first time in years- finally returning to her. The spread of warmth filled her body, starting at her heart.

The tears that had bubbled in his eyes dropped from the males eyes. The feeling of being in his older sister's arms again elating him, making him feel at home again, making him feel safe. He was now taller than her, however felt smaller than her now that he was back in her arms.

"Nacht I'm so sorry! This was all my fault! It was my fault Morgen died! I'm so sorry! I couldn't... If only I... was stronger. I'm sorry" (Y/N) cried. "I was the one who meddled with Lucifugus, not you" Nacht strained his reply out. "I'm the older sibling, not you. I should have topped them, I am so, so sorry. Don't go blaming yourself, my little shadow. I was the reason, that we lost Morgen. I couldn't protect either of my younger siblings" (Y/N) told him as they pulled apart.

(Y/N) raised her arms and cupped his face. She swiped her thumbs across his cheeks, wiping away his tears. "You've grown up so much. I am so proud of you... And I am so sorry that I failed as your big sister" (Y/N) forced a weak smile onto her face. "Don't ever lie. I hate it when people lie. You are the best big sister ever" Nacht told her.

"(Y/N)" Zenon called. (Y/N) immediately turned to face him, her mouth forming a small 'o' shape, a gasp left her lips "Lord Zenon." "No" Zenon immediately denied. "Huh?" (Y/N) tilted her head at him, "don't ever call me 'Lord Zenon' again. Just Zenon or Zeno" Zenon told her. (Y/N)'s eyes went wide.

(Y/N) finally paid attention to his appearance. It was no longer devil-like, the mark on his face was gone and no malicious aura radiated off of him. "Zenon?" (Y/N) gasped out, taking a step in front of the taller male. She slowly and cautiously raised her arm up to her face, tracing along were the black marks used to be. Zenon smiled at her softly, he grabbed her arm gently and held it to his face, "he's gone." (Y/N)'s eyes widened more, and she looked up at Zenon with hope-filled eyes.

Zenon pulled her to his chest, resting his chin on top of her head. "I broke the contract. He's gone. He's gone and he's never coming back. I swear I won't ever let him, or any of my siblings near you again. I promise" Zenon promised. (Y/N) buried her face in his chest, hugging him back. "... Thank you, Zeno" (Y/N) thanked, her words muffled by his chest.

Zenon's grip on her loosened suddenly, releasing her form his arms. "Zenon?" (Y/N) called quietly. "If their spells reversed, then why do you still love me?" "Because, my feelings weren't manipulated. I always loved you. I love you" (Y/N) assured him. Zenon cupped her face and brought her in for a kiss immediately.

He kissed her softly at first, then as if a barrier that concealed his emotions had broken down, he kissed her with passion. She clutched the centre of his shirt with her left hand, while her right hand loosing gripped onto his arm. (Y/N)'s senses overloaded, and her lips quivered as they brushed against his, kissing him back. They had shared kisses in the past, but nothing as special as this.

Pulling apart, (Y/N) was panting, as was Zenon, however a light blush coated (Y/N)'s cheeks and face. Zenon pressed his forehead to (Y/N)'s. "We're free now. They can't control us anymore" Zenon smiled again. It was a rare sight, but a beautiful sight. Nacht peered into Zenon's soul coldly.

"Okay, so she's the enemy. Great" Nozel scoffed. Nacht sent him a glare that would send an army running. "No, she isn't" Rill shook his head. "If anything, she is the last person who would be considered the enemy" Fuegoleon added. "A lot of us owe it to her" Charlotte chimed in.

"Mister Nacht! Is this your sister?!" Asta shouted amongst the chatter, running up to Nacht. Nacht, (Y/N), and Zenon turned to face Asta. Asta stood beside Nacht, grinning up at him. "Yes, Asta" Nacht sighed in exhaustion at the excitable male's tone.

(Y/N) looked at Asta with wide eyes. "Asta?" (Y/N) gasped out. "Hello Miss (Y/N)!" Asta beamed. The smile on his face and the happiness in his voice reminded (Y/N) of Morgen. (Y/N) pinched Asta's cheeks lightly. "Nacht! Please tell me you're training this young boy!" (Y/N) exclaimed. "Of course" Nacht nodded. "He's just like him" (Y/N) smiled as she stood back upright.

Turning back around, Nacht was in Zenon's face. "You have some damn nerve. You took my sister away from me. You kept her a prisoner here all these years. I will never forgive you" Nacht growled in his face. "I didn't-" Zenon stepped back calmly. "Don't give me that. You could have killed her!" Nacht yelled, getting angrier. He grabbed Zenon by the collar roughly.

"Nacht stopped. It was the other two, not Zenon" (Y/N) stepped between them. "It's true. I stopped Dante and Vanica time and time again. I'd... There's no point in continuing living if she isn't. I'd give my life for her" Zenon told him.

Nacht's grip loosened half a fraction. He leaned right into Zenon's face. "If you ever hurt her again, I swear, I will kill you myself" Nacht snapped, before letting him go.

"This is no time for this, Nacht. We have to go and stop the Qliphoth, and save those two young ones" (Y/N) looked at Nacht, "right." "Let's go" Nacht opened up a large shadow. Zenon grabbed (Y/N)'s hand as they all went through the portal. "I won't let you go again" Nacht told her as he ran directly beside her. 

Words 1260